Tire and rim questions for Torque 325

Jaznmosby

I'm new to the forum. I've had 4 TowMax blow on me. Two due to junk on the road. Two just blew. In reading other comments regarding this issue, it appears TowMax are junk and the good year g614 are a good option. I'm of the understanding any st tire has a max speed of 65. And the good years are 110+ allowing for cruising at 70-75 mph. Two questions....1) my rims are 6" wide and the good years are 6.5...will the good years fit? 2) the stamped max load on the rims is 3200 lbs...that's even less than the TowMax rating. The good years are approx 3700 lb rating......will the rims still work? Thanks in advance for your help.

jimtoo

Hi Jaznmmosby,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

I deleted the other post as duplicate posting is not allowed.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The tires will fit on 6" rims, but the weight rating stamped on your rims will not be suitable for the 110 psi G rated tire.
Those rims will only be rated for 80 psi.
If you want to go to a G rated tire, 110 psi and 3750 pound rating, you will need new rims.
Maxis has been reported as a good replacement tire for 80 psi rated rims.

Peace
Dave

Jaznmosby

The tires will fit on 6" rims, but the weight rating stamped on your rims will not be suitable for the 110 psi G rated tire.
Those rims will only be rated for 80 psi.
If you want to go to a G rated tire, 110 psi and 3750 pound rating, you will need new rims.
Maxis has been reported as a good replacement tire for 80 psi rated rims.

Peace
Dave

I forgot to mention the rims are stamped for 110 psi. Does that change your perspective?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Odd, I'm confused. Why would a person buy a tire with a high weight rating when the rim won't support the same rating.
Most rims rated for 110 psi are also rated for 3750 lbs.
You might want to call Heartland and find out who supplied your rims. Then contact them and get clarification on the ratings.

Peace
Dave

Jaznmosby

Thanks. My rim actually has two load ratings. One is 6/3200 and the other is 8/3750. Both 110 psi. Mine has 8 lugs so I should be good for 3750. In that case, when I read about Goodyear g614, they make them in a RST and a LT. I'm assuming people are going with the LT? If you know, I would appreciate confirming or correcting. Again, thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I currently have the G614 tires on my rig. When it comes time to replace them I will look into the Sailun G rated tire.
There have been no bad reports about the Sailun tires that I am aware of.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Thanks. My rim actually has two load ratings. One is 6/3200 and the other is 8/3750. Both 110 psi. Mine has 8 lugs so I should be good for 3750. In that case, when I read about Goodyear g614, they make them in a RST and a LT. I'm assuming people are going with the LT? If you know, I would appreciate confirming or correcting. Again, thanks.

The G614 is certified as an LT tire, meeting the higher test standards demanded of LT tires. I believe the RST, used in its name, stands for Regional Short haul Trailer - which is how Goodyear positions the tire for marketing purposes.