Moved my 6 point level keypad

Miltp920

My keypad was originally inside the basement about 3 feet. I had to pull our a lawn chair so I could get my head in far enough to read the display. I moved it out to the edge just inside the slam door. I put a couple of angled blocks of wood in with wood screws. The display was already mounted on a carpet covered board which I used the same screws that it was mounted with before to the basement wall directly. It was a challenge to get it off the basement wall at first. I found out that it was mounted with one screw that I could not see, but when I applied enough pressure with my pry bar the screw pulled through the plastic mount - and nothing was damaged....lucky me. Now you know it will not damage it if you decide to pry yours off and relocate it. We just saw a few 2016 models at the dealership "RV show" we just had this week. They are mounting them just inside the slam door now. Good idea! Before it was in past the red battery lock out, WAY too far.
level up 1.jpglevel up 2.jpg

I had to move the level up control panel also.
On our new Big Country 3650 RL the control panel was located in the basement.
You had to open the large basement compartment door to access the panel.
I park the RV under a 40 ft. Canopy. The support polls for the canopy prevents the doors from opening
Far enough to access the panel so I moved it to the small empty compartment next to the basement.
See attached pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 111

pegmikef

Interesting. I wonder what that empty compartment is intended for. On my BH, there is a similar compartment on each side, but there is a propane bottle in each of them.

jimtoo

On earlier models that compartment was used for the hydraulic slide pump and manifold and battery. I think they have moved all that into the front since you only need the one pump of the leveling and slides.