What "glue" to use?

Garypowell

The seal on my door side basement door (it is a slam lock type) keeps coming down at the top. I faithfully keep pushing it back up when I notice it. It stays up for a while but then comes down.

So what is the right "glue" to use to keep it in place? I do understand it seems to fit exactly and I know that does exert a certain amount of force to stay in place....but it is not enough in my case.

Previously this was not much of a problem but now every time it rains I end up with this puddle of water in my basement. I have not 100% figured out where it is coming in but we are stationary for a month and every time after a rain.....there is water in the basement.....just sitting in the middle with not much of a trail as to where it is coming from. I recently walked the roof and there are no leaks up there....and just recaulked every seam and opening.

Checked the plumbing and water lines....no problems.

This last time I did notice water I also noticed this gasket had fallen down again.....so I want to get it stuck back up permanently to see if this is the source.

Thanks,

avvidclif

Go to the auto parts store and get 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive. It comes in yellow and black. Apply sparingly and close the door to hold pressure on it. Problem solved.

Sniper

X 2 on what Cliff recommended. Weatherstrip adhesive should keep it "stuck".

Safe travels.:)