Work Camping Resume vs Corporate Resume

Hogladyrider

We are preparing to go full time and work camp.

I need to prepare our work camping resumes and I am wondering how to set them up differently from our corporate world resumes.

Is there someplace online to view "examples"?

Susan

MTPockets

I suppose State Park Camp Hosting may not be considered Workamping, but we have been on two different States' payroll for office work. We've hosted in four different States and in each of those they have their own simple on-line forms asking some simple questions. No resume' was needed, nor wanted. They each did a criminal background check as well.

olcoon

X-2 on Work Camper news. They have a feature on there that will help you write your resume, and you can post it out for viewing for any prospective employer to look at. We have been a member of Work Camper News for a few years now, and are on our 3rd job in a campground. We've never been requested for a resume, and have always been hired over the phone! If you want some resources to help find a job, shoot me a PM, & I'll tell you what I know, DW says it'll only take a couple of seconds!!!

Hogladyrider

I suppose State Park Camp Hosting may not be considered Workamping, but we have been on two different States' payroll for office work. We've hosted in four different States and in each of those they have their own simple on-line forms asking some simple questions. No resume' was needed, nor wanted. They each did a criminal background check as well.

This is the type of position we are interested in....we love the state parks.....and we always try to talk with the camp hosts when we are staying at a state park.

PS - I follow your blog as well....love it!
Susan

- - - Updated - - -

We are aware of Workamper News, just was not sure we could benefit since we are not in a position right now to go fulltime.

We have our house up for sale and we are in the process of downsizing, yikes what a project!

Once the house sells we are off, unfortunately for us, the area we live in will only appeal to a certain clientle and we knew this when we originally built our home.

Luckily we are in a position where we don't have to sell, no short sale, no forced sale, so we will wait for the right buyer to come around.

We will be keeping Florida as our domicile state and we will head north on the east coast for the summer and back to Florida in the winter.

Susan

olcoon

Jim,
It's a good thing Bette is such a nice lady, or I'd come down there & beat you with a wet noodle!!! No, wait, you might like that! ;) BTW, give your bride a hug for us! We really missed your words of wit & wisdom in Goshen this year!

We volunteered for the USFS, after the national rally in Gillette, and LOVED it. You naturally don't make any money when you are volunteering, but it's an awesome experience, at least ours was.