Too Much information

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I bought the Valor system at Goschen, don was right there with answers to my questions. the problem is is guess, was I happier being ignorant about my tire pressure.

Since I installed the sysetm I seem to be constantly adjusting my tire pressure. For instance the day we left for a holiday ( last Friday) I hooked up the truck and found all my RV tires were 2-4 lbs low. So I filled them to 110 as per the side walls and the manufactures advice.

Woke up in Edmonton Saturday hooked up the truck all tires 1-3 lbs low, went to Kal tire who checked all tires, no leaks. Woke up in Jasper alberta all tires 3-5 lbs low.

So do I keep putting more air into the tires due to climate and altitude or leave them, the elevation here in Jasper is 1100 meters compared to 520 in Saskatoon where I live, also the over night temp is 8 C compared to 14-16C at home.

Like I said too much information, its all good information and I believe it is accurate.

what is the line to cross? when do you top up or deflate the tires?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It's funny . . .

With our old 1978 Coachman Cadet 24 travel trailer I never ever worried about tires . . . checked the pressure a couple of times during the camping season . . . and had the same set of tires on that trailer when we bought it and when we traded it in 12 years later for our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner in 2012.

Nowadayz it seems that we are supposed to check our tires at every stop light!

buddyboy

Others with more expertise than me will chime in, but I believe we had to adjust tire pressure with altitude changes and know we adjust pressure with temperature changes.

Martha

Garypowell

I had the same concerns when I installed my Valor system. Since it is direct reading you see more information quickly...mainly tire temperature. I was involved in previous jobs in helping companies move from analog to digital and that was a common comment. Usually the initial reaction was disbelief but the simple answer is you never saw it before because the analog could not show it to you.

After a while you'll get used to it and learn your tires just as I had to do. I worry a lot less now since I know how they react to different situations.

But I think it is good to know.