U.S. Plus Warranty

Our new BH 3270RS just arrived at our dealer Friday with a pickup scheduled for next Friday due to other commitments. When talking with the finance folks about the final pricing they offered an extended warranty through U.S. Plus Warranty. We were half thinking about it since we know some relatives with a different brand that benefited from their extended warranty. However, I have not been able find out much about U.S. Plus Warranty other than their address and the fact that they say they are backed by an "A" rated insurance company but do not say who. This was 7 years bumper to bumper for $2750 and $100 deductible and only $50 deductible if repairs performed at selling dealer. I am quite skilled at doing my own repairs on my vehicles and have not gone to a dealer for any repairs except once on my son's truck when it needed a flex plate replaced and I just didn't have the time. Anyway does anyone have experience with U.S. Plus Warranty?

danemayer

Hi travelincajun,

Congratulations on the new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Extended warranties can be tricky. First there's a lot of fine print about what's covered and what's excluded. Authorization procedures can also be tricky. You should make sure you have a very good understanding of how the coverage works and what's covered. Those things would be true for an extended warranty from any company.

If you can't find much info about a company, that may be a bad sign. With an extended warranty from Good Sam's Club, you can have higher confidence that they'll be around for the next few years. Companies without much history - who knows.

I'm sure you'll get some other feedback shortly.

GOTTOYS

First off, if I have never heard of the company before I would be very cautious about giving them a stack of money. These companies go out of business on a regular basis taking your money with them. No recourse. Bumper to Bumper...Really? This term is thrown around a lot. There really is no such thing. If you read the fine print I bet you it will not cover, roof leaks, gelcoat fading, tire blowouts, and countless other things they weasel out of. Don't take the salespersons' word for it, read the entire contract yourself. There is a huge of commission to be made on this, don't expect the salesperson to give up easily. If you MUST buy a service contract, (it's not really a warranty, it's insurance) look at the Good Sam product. At least we've heard of them. Which insurance company?? They aren't giving you all the answers. Look them up on the internet and see what their track record is then run don't walk....JMHO...Don

Garypowell

I would ask for references....who else have they sold this policy to that has had a claim.

I would get the number of the company and call them as if you have a claim.....see if someone answers the phone....granted you won't get far since they will want your contract number. But you can see if they talk to you in friendly terms. Ask them stuff like, "what upsets your customers most who call in with a claim". "What is the procedure for filing a claim", "when you deny claims for what reason do you do this".

I just had a really great experience with EasyCare it is under www.easycare.com. give them a call and talk to them about their policy from the website it seems they will sell directly to customers.

Oh, my 5 year warranty was a little over $1,800. Got it back in this one claim.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
DON'T buy it. When your 1 year warranty is up. Then and only then look at Good Sams. Somethings in your new coach have more than a 1 year warranty.

Miltp920

We got a Good Sam extended warranty, but the only time I used it was for $50 to pay the locksmith, when I locked myself outside my tow vehicle - hooked up to the fifthwheel - ready to leave for camping....LOL That is another post.

olcoon

There are several items on your rig that DO have more than a 1 year warranty. We had our AC worked on after Heartland's warranty expired. Domestic had a 2 year warranty on it.