High Pointe EC942K9E quit working on Convection

B

BouseBill

Hummmm on another thread someone posted the High Pointe Micro/Conv does not have a warranty?? Our 2015 Big Horn came with the High Pointe and the Convection portion of the oven has quit working. Our unit is still under the 1 year Heartland warranty so I hope they make good on this piece of junk.
The boss lady put in a call to Collins & Company but so far no return call.

Anyone else have any interaction with Collins or Heartland on this appliance that they wish to share?

B

BouseBill

Dan....Sorry but what does your post have to do with non-functional micro/convec oven?��

danemayer

Dan....Sorry but what does your post have to do with non-functional micro/convec oven?😉

Sorry, I thought I was posting that to another thread. But it looks like someone else posted the same link there so I've deleted this one.

brianlajoie

We had a High Pointe Micro/Conv start up by itself. Had to keep the unit unplugged unless we were going to use it. The trailer was under warranty still. Contacted Heartland directly and had a new one shipped to our RV tech for install. The old one was shipped back to Heartland.

Roller4tan

The microwave side of mine quit working. I had dealer get a new one under warranty and I swapped it out, sending the bad one back to the dealer.

B

BouseBill

Her next call will be to Heartland. We are workcampers and our contract does not expire for another two months sooooooo hopefully Heartland will ship one to us. We cannot just get up and leave.

B

BouseBill

Follow-up. Called Heartland today and a new High Pointe micro/convec oven is on the way. They will ship one to us at the campground we are hosting, and I (we) will install it.
For the past two days we have been investigating other options/makes and did find a GE micro/convec oven that will fit in the space. Although if purchased from Home Depot there is NO returning it after you have purchased it, (that just does not seem right to me but it was clearly posted as such).
Not know just what is behind the old High Pointe and how it's vented vs. a new GE we decided to go with another High Pointe just for the experience of removing and installing one in a 5th wheel :D. When the second High Pointe dies, which we are sure will happen in short order, then we'll install a better make and model. At least Hearland is standing behind the inexpensive (aka cheep) appliance they install, seems to me if they installed a better quality appliance they would have less hassles in the long run.

Roller4tan

In the Bighorn I have there is a small cupboard over the combo unit. There are three screws that go thru the bottom of the cupboard into the top of the unit. On the bottom back it hooks onto a metal lip screwed to the wall. It is vented from the back in the middle near the top. When you install the replacement, make sure to put some foam around the vent to seal it.
My experience, anyway.

B

BouseBill

Thanks for the info Roller, we will watch for the vent install idea of foam, I was wondering how it was sealed for venting purposes. Sounds like not very well from the factory:eek:

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hummmm on another thread someone posted the High Pointe Micro/Conv does not have a warranty?? Our 2015 Big Horn came with the High Pointe and the Convection portion of the oven has quit working. Our unit is still under the 1 year Heartland warranty so I hope they make good on this piece of junk.
The boss lady put in a call to Collins & Company but so far no return call.

Anyone else have any interaction with Collins or Heartland on this appliance that they wish to share?

We took a trip to Yellowstone and everything seemed fine but we tried to cook dinner in our High Pointe Convection Microwave. We tried to cook some salmon balls that required 425 degrees. Cooked it for the required time and the salmon balls were still RAW. Cooked it for 30 minutes more and the glass in the door shattered from the heat. What a piece of junk. When I open the door the glass went everywhere and it is NOT safety glass so walking in bare feet is not a option till we can vacuum every inch of the kitchen area. Now I find that this unit is about as cheap a unit that you can buy and it is made in China. After spending over $90,000 on my Landmark I would of hoped that they would have used a more reputable unit. I am now spending $500 of my own money to buy a convection microwave so I can reliably cook and feed my family without it exploding.

Last edited:
B

BouseBill

No delivery on the micro/convec. last Friday. The UPS driver was to lazy to drive another 1/4 mile to find our location. I guess tomorrow I'll have to sit at the entrance to the Campground and flag him down.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I just Ordered the new Samsung MC17F808KDT replacement. Found Fred on another post had replaced his with this Samsung and it went right in and works great. So I decided to replace ours before it quits on us. Like Si says " this thing is a piece of junk".!!!!
It's for sale if someone wants it ? $20.00 LOL and I would still feel guilty for selling it to you....

B

BouseBill

Jerr, it looks like the Samsung does not have a center wire rack? We do plan on replacing the Pointe with something very soon. The High Pointe will be something to put in a future garage/yard/tag sale LOL

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I think it has the tripod rack like we have at home, so that should work fine for us. It also has a nice feature that you can turn off the turn table, we can't do that on our home unit.

fredwrichardson

Jerr, it looks like the Samsung does not have a center wire rack? We do plan on replacing the Pointe with something very soon. The High Pointe will be something to put in a future garage/yard/tag sale LOL

The Samsung we got has three racks depending on what you want to do. A low one, a middle one and a high one. Yes you can mainly do one thing at a time but the High Pointe had the same issue. Actually the High Pointe did not even come up to temperature without waiting all night. No oven is going to do everything but the Samsung does a great job. The speed cook feature alone is worth the cost.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks Fred.. Good to know, I didn't even tell Rhonda that I had ordered it this morning. She was asking me what racks it came with and had no answer for her.
Going on your word so if she doesn't like it I can blame you. LOL

fredwrichardson

Thanks Fred.. Good to know, I didn't even tell Rhonda that I had ordered it this morning. She was asking me what racks it came with and had no answer for her.
Going on your word so if she doesn't like it I can blame you. LOL

Won't be the first time and I know for sure it will not be the last. There is a learning curve for the oven has many modes of cooking but after you figure it out it does all the work. I am sure she will love it. My wife does.

B

BouseBill

New High Pointe delivered after I flagged down the lazy *** UPS driver. With 93 million Americans out of work you'd think someone with a Job would take a little initiative to find an address. Granted not a normal address but....oh well I'm ranting....The wife and I uninstalled the old High Pointe and had the new one installed in no time at all. Good practice as we have never installed an oven over the stove before.
The new oven on convection will not brown evenly, we baked some biscuits in the oven and they had to be turned in order to cook.:(
So it looks like a new SAMSUNG is on order. And the High Pointe is going down the road.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We just put the Samsung in today. I ordered it on Monday, I think and had it sent to Best Buy near my home. When I bought it online, I paid $581.00 and when I went to pick it up today it was on sale for $449.00 so they price matched it for me. Saved me $131.00.
Like Kelly said we had to drill new holes for the upper cabinet bolts and the power cord. And I also had to snip out the rear venting plates and undo the exhaust fan screws flip it and roll it, so it will blow out the rear instead of the top. I also changed the rear mounting bracket on the wall so the tabs will match the new unit. Took the wife and I about and hour or so. That thing is heavy . One more project done !!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk