Brand new roof looks like this???

FredA

Brand new 2016 Heartland RB220.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

This is inexcusable for a new roof!!!! It looks like bits of construction debris---or screws are poking up through the rubber membrane---and look how filthy and stained this is! Two weeks old!!!

Thw slightest pressure on whatever is poking up will cause it ti puncture this membrane!!! What on earth????

Seems to me even if a pine cone falls onto one of these sharp-edged 'things' poking up, it would cause the thing to actually poke right through the membrane and allow water into the trailer???

Do I have to call Heartland again????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 327

buddyboy

Isn't your trailer the one with all the other issues underneath? There's more to this trailer's history than you have been told.

FredA

Yes this is the 2016 Pioneer RB220 purchased new from Camping World two weeks ago.

Tell me about my roof photos...what do you think??? Does the roof look horrible?

Speedy

Call Heartland tomorrow (have your VIN number in hand) and let them know the issues and see what they recommend to do and where to take it. Do not take it to Camping World, most of their techs are not techs nor are qualified to work on anything.

FredA

I called Heartland this mrning and emailed photo of interior ceiling bubbling---they told me it indeed looked like water damage. I 've emailed them these exterior roof photos just now and will follow up with phone call in the morning.

At this point, my wife and I are thinking CW should take the unit back in exchange...we will see what Heartland recommends.

Jim.Allison

I bet that is not a factory roof membrane, I bet it was hail damaged and replaced by the dealer. Hence your water damage and crazy installed roof.-just saying

- - - Updated - - -

Mine new BC3650RL had a few tiny pimples under the membrane. But is was tight and well installed. I keep an eye on the little pimples, and it they pop through I can easily repair them. Your roof looks like it was installed by amateurs, and you have EVERY reason to be concerned.

'Lil Guy'

I hope there is someone on this forum that has some clout with Heartland and can help you get this solved. If this was bought new, I'd be PO'd. To bad you can't get car fax info for a TT. Good luck and keep us posted. I tend to agree with Jim on the roof. If you bought it new, you should get satisfaction from somewhere. Good luck and sorry for these insane issues you have. Totally unacceptable for a new rig.

szewczyk_john

I am sorry that you are having issues but I must ask a simple question, Why did you take the unit off the lot? This is the reason for the inspection. THis doesn't make it okay for the unit to even be on a lot is an issue, but you didn't have to take the unit and could have backed out of the agreement based on what you are showing in the photos.

buddyboy

With the issues underneath the trailer and now the issues with the roof, something happened to that trailer in transport or at CW. Make sure Heartland has the total issue picture.

pegmikef

John, I guess I have really been remiss as I have bought three new Heartland rigs since 2010 and don't recall having ever climbed up on top of the rigs to look at the roof before I accepted it! We did do very thorough PDI's though . . . course I was dealing with dealers I trusted and not Camping World. I have had almost zero issues with any of the rigs and I attribute a lot of that to the dealer predelivery preparation.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've bought two brand new Heartland RV's in the last three years and I can honestly say that I never climbed up on the roof of either until it was parked next to my garage.

Jim.Allison

Although a roof inspection might have caught this, I do not think that a customer is obligated to crawl up on the roof to inspect it. No more so than a car buyer is obligated to crawl under a new car to check the drive shaft. A walkthrough is a familiarization process, AND obvious flaw inspection. It has been said on this forum many times that we are all of varying degrees of skill and health. Some may not be physically able to crawl up on the roof, and others might not even recognize a problem if they saw it anyway. There is some unscrupulous behavior somewhere along the path of this purchase.

If your purchase was 2 weeks ago, that would put that rig either on the road from Heartland in the case of a special order, or on the dealer lot. During that period it is very likely it was caught in some of the ferocious weather we had earlier in the summer.

Having said that, I would also look for hail damage on the trim pieces and decals, A/C covers, and roof fixtures. Also inspect the nose cap and any other locations vulnerable to hail damage, such at the refer vent covers, and aluminum trim around the doors.

Perhaps someone who has had a hail/storm damaged trailer will chime in and tell you the oddest places they found damage, that would help establish potentially where that damage can be found.

I feel very strongly without knowing specifically that that rig did not leave the factory that way. In their poorest day they would never have put that roof on.

R

rbrady

Fred - I am the sales product manager for the Pioneer brand at Heartland RV. I am glad to hear our service team is working with you to get this issue resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused but we value your business and we will work hard to make it right. I am going to let our service team run with this but please let me know if I can help with anything else. Thanks, Ryan Brady (574-370-5728)

FredA

Thank you so much, Ryan!!!!!

I am awaiting a callback from the service manager at Little Rock Camping World...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Fred, I am calm, I just hate to see someone get the "green wienie". I do have a 1847 Walker,44 cal, cap and ball you can borrow. According to everyone, its the 1st 44 magnum. Loud and makes BIG holes. LOL

Bones

Fred, I am calm, I just hate to see someone get the "green wienie". I do have a 1847 Walker,44 cal, cap and ball you can borrow. According to everyone, its the 1st 44 magnum. Loud and makes BIG holes. LOL

Can ya shoot like dirty Harry? :cool: p.s. I'm instigating.