M18 Got it at last

EdgeOut

Well we picked up our 2010 Edge M18 on Monday the 27th and stayed overnight. We had them install folding exterior grab rail, electric tongue jack, and Husky Centerline tow/weight /sway bar. Glad we stayed overnight as we found several things that needed attention. Dalton RV in Dalton GA were fantastic from the time we arrived on Monday till we left on Tuesday we were assigned a tech/mechanic who fixed everything and pulled staff if needed. You would think we were buying a $90k unit.
The 6 hour ride home to Aiken SC was great..if it was a straight road I could have had my hands off the wheel as it towed straight with no sway issues ..we towed with a 2015 Lexus GX460.
one QUESTION: Does anyone know what the BED does NOT cover the whole bed platform area...there is abut 4inches of a gap at the foot or head depending on which end you look at. I assume that this is the original mattress as I believe we have seen it this way in her pictures?
Glad we decided on the EdgeM18 and now we will spend August getting it all set up for fall travels.
John Kris & "Blossom"our Golden
Aiken SC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on your new to you Edge.
Could the mattress be turned sideways on the platform?
Or it's possible that the mattress was changed at some point in time.
If the mattress is long enough maybe you could just trim that 4" off.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Congrats on your Edge!

No ideas on the mattress. You may want a new one anyway. Just measure up your platform and go shopping.

Time to hit a rally with your Edge :)

EdgeOut

Dave: Plywood base is 61" x 87" and the Mattress is 60" x 72". Will not work I was just curious why the manufacture Heartland installed a mattress smaller than the platform?
Thanks John & Kris Aiken SC

- - - Updated - - -

Jim: DW is already on the hunt. We were just wondering why Heartland installed a mattress smaller than the footprint of the platform.
Thanks John & Kris

jbeletti

Looked at some online images of the Edge M18. Looks like the layout was for an east-west (side to side) bed orientation.
M18_Floorplan.jpg

From the image below, it "looks" like the supplied mattress did fit the space - assuming that image is really of an M18. I'm thinking the first owner swapped it out for something they felt was more comfortable. Perhaps your best bet would be to cut the bed platform down to fit the mattress of your choice??
M18_Interior.jpg

EdgeOut

Thanks But we don not think so as the top and bottom mattress are the same and we have seen other 2010 M18's that clearly show a gap . But thanks DW is looking for a new mattress or inserting a piece of foam into the area and putting a memory foam on top of it all.
John & Kris Aiken SC

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If you plan on getting a memory foam pad for that mattress, the leftover may fill in the gap!

In our previous Heartland Trail Runner, the memory foam pad we bought at Camping World was a few inches longer than the mattress was.

However, it fits the mattress in our new trailer perfectly!

EdgeOut

"John D That id the DW's plan Thanks John B"
If you plan on getting a memory foam pad for that mattress, the leftover may fill in the gap!

In our previous Heartland Trail Runner, the memory foam pad we bought at Camping World was a few inches longer than the mattress was.

However, it fits the mattress in our new trailer perfectly!