PDA

View Full Version : RVLock Special Extended through September 30, 2015 - discussion

jbeletti
07-29-2015, 03:31 PM
See this link (https://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/53817-RVLock-Special-for-all-Heartland-Owners-EXTENDED-to-September-30-2015) to read about the extension of the RVLock special. Discuss the special here in this thread.

osims
07-29-2015, 06:41 PM
We received ours in the mail this week and installed it. I love it, very easy installation.

For20hunter
07-29-2015, 06:53 PM
We have had an RV Lock V4 in our last two rigs and absolutely love it! Their customer service is amazing and they do not hesitate to help you figure out any issues and if they can not be figured out will remedy the problem by sending you a replacement product quickly! I highly recommend the product!

Rod

Flyerone
07-29-2015, 06:55 PM
Did you receive any kind of notice after purchase, I used the pay with Amazon online option and have not heard a thing, I know my credit card was charged.

For20hunter
07-29-2015, 07:00 PM
i purchased directly from them and so I had a shipping number from them the next day in my email. You might want to call the customer service number and give them your order number and inquire about the status.

Rod

Flyerone
07-30-2015, 12:47 PM
I called and it's on the way, I guess orders from Amazon are slower than normal.

For20hunter
07-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Good to hear. You are going to love it.

I am sure purchasing it any other way than directly through RV Lock itself would have to add some time to the process.

Rod

I called and it's on the way, I guess orders from Amazon are slower than normal.

jbeletti
07-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Love these locks. Just installed 3 of these for Heartlanders at recent WA and OR rallies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osims
07-30-2015, 02:34 PM
I ordered mine on Monday and got it Thursday, how about that for service.

pegmikef
07-30-2015, 02:54 PM

Actually if you order it from Amazon, it is still shipped by RVLOCK according to the website so you have that extra layer of red tape to navigate.

http://www.amazon.com/RVLock-RVLv4-0-Polished-Integrated-Keypad/dp/B00N58KQMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438285871&sr=8-1&keywords=rvlock+rvlv4.0

Bones
07-30-2015, 03:31 PM
I am so tempted..........

For20hunter
07-30-2015, 05:15 PM
You won't regret it!

Rod

sjandbj
07-30-2015, 05:24 PM

You won't be sorry. This thing is slick. It took only two days to get the lock. I spent more time reading how to program the thing than installing the lock. I love the flexibility between the key fobs or just entering the code on the keypad.

Steve

pegmikef
07-30-2015, 06:50 PM

and the best deal is the special going on right now. . . just check the Amazon link I posted earlier if you are hesitant . . . lower price and a second key fob!

Lynn1130
07-30-2015, 06:55 PM
I ordered two for the trailer. As I recall it was more expensive through Amazon (and I have Prime) so I used the flyer and that URL to order. I paid shipping but the price per lock was cheaper. I am not sure if that is still true. I just checked again and they are $249 on Amazon with free shipping. The flyer has them for $199 and $25 shipping. They were here in two days.

I still have not gotten down to the storage to install them but they are very nice looking and I programmed them before the install and that was a piece of cake.

sjandbj
07-30-2015, 08:10 PM
I ordered two for the trailer. As I recall it was more expensive through Amazon (and I have Prime) so I used the flyer and that URL to order. I paid shipping but the price per lock was cheaper. I am not sure if that is still true. I just checked again and they are $249 on Amazon with free shipping. The flyer has them for $199 and $25 shipping. They were here in two days.

I only paid the $199, shipping and extra key fob included.

Steve

Bones
07-30-2015, 08:42 PM
The wife said no. :( She said what else does it do other than open the door that the key doesn't do.

For20hunter
07-30-2015, 08:46 PM
It makes it so you don't have to have a key with you. When you want to go to the river, lake, ocean, pool, whatever, you do not have to carry a key or fob with you. Not to mention the convenience of being able to lock and unlock the door with a Fob so with full hands and arms, its no biggie.

Rod

The wife said no. :( She said what else does it do other than open the door that the key doesn't do.

jbeletti
07-30-2015, 09:23 PM

For those of us with dogs, it great to have this lock when you're out touring and it runs long and puppies are at home with their legs crossed. We call a neighbor (we're usually at a rally) and ask them to take the pups out. Works great.

Lynn1130
07-30-2015, 10:46 PM
When we are hunting my son-in-law and two grandsons are in and out of the trailer at different times. It will make it much easier than hiding a key so that they can get in if I am still out in the woods.

I paid $199 each for two with two fobs each and $25 shipping for both as listed on the RVLock Heartland special ad. Amazon had a listing of $249 each with free shipping and one fob. It was $500 vs $425. I'll take the $425 every time. I did not see a special price on Amazon for Heartland owners. If it was there I missed it.

jbeletti
07-30-2015, 10:47 PM
...I did not see a special price on Amazon for Heartland owners. If it was there I missed it.

There isn't one. It's a contact RVLock direct (phone) or order via their website and use the coupon/promo code: heartland

'Lil Guy'
07-31-2015, 02:08 AM
Help me here. Is this thing electric? What is activating the lock? OK, I went back and went to the site and read the instructions. Batteries. I think the 'Lil Guy' need this. Yep, looks like a must have. Now to sell Debbie on it.

Bones
07-31-2015, 05:15 AM
Help me here. Is this thing electric? What is activating the lock? OK, I went back and went to the site and read the instructions. Batteries. I think the 'Lil Guy' need this. Yep, looks like a must have. Now to sell Debbie on it.

Good luck selling it. I lost.

IronJ
07-31-2015, 05:47 AM
I had the Bauer on my old trailer...they were touch activated and we HATED them. ..

I ordered these on wed and they will be here sat!..

I hate it when I walk out to the rig for something quick only to realize I left the keys on the counter or in the truck.

We installed e-locks on our sticks and bricks home (actually full automation) and after having that, we are totally spoiled...key?..what key...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

JWalker
07-31-2015, 09:20 AM
I haven't carried trailer keys for 3 years and LOVE it. And with 3 of us coming and going, I don't need to worry about who has a key. I can call friends at the campground and have them check the dog, if we are going to be late. If Madison brings a friend, they can come and go as they please. One of our best investments.

jimtoo
07-31-2015, 10:19 AM
For all the folks that don't carry a key it would be a good idea to hide one some where outside. You never know when the batteries will go down in the lock. They give no warning, just work now and next time they don't work.

Jim M

RVLockSupport
07-31-2015, 10:31 AM
For all the folks that don't carry a key it would be a good idea to hide one some where outside. You never know when the batteries will go down in the lock. They give no warning, just work now and next time they don't work.

Jim M

Actually, the RVLock handle gives you warning beeps each time you use the handle letting you know batteries are getting low. But we definitely recommend placing one key in your glove box and the other hidden on your trailer. Travel safe!

Lynn1130
07-31-2015, 10:40 AM
I have two complete sets of keys. One in my possession when we travel and the other in the truck glove box. As it turned out I needed the spare when I dropped the first set in a parking lot in Payson on a trip. Had I had the RVLock at that time I would not have lost them because I would have been using the keypad.

Bones
07-31-2015, 11:07 AM
Hmm all of these reasons may help me in my pursuit to get the lock. At least I have a few weeks to keep pitching the purchase.

pegmikef
07-31-2015, 07:25 PM
Actually, the RVLock handle gives you warning beeps each time you use the handle letting you know batteries are getting low. But we definitely recommend placing one key in your glove box and the other hidden on your trailer. Travel safe!

I figure my TV will always be where my fiver is so I carry a key in the console. I have keyless entry on the truck as well and the chances of the two 12 volt truck batteries both dying at the same time are very slim.

kbran
07-31-2015, 10:12 PM
We got one and love it.

rxbristol
08-05-2015, 09:41 PM
See this link (https://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/53817-RVLock-Special-for-all-Heartland-Owners-EXTENDED-to-September-30-2015) to read about the extension of the RVLock special. Discuss the special here in this thread.

Thanks, Jim, for posting the extended sale information. My RV lock just came apart internally and it was a real mess to get out of the RV with the deadbolt extended, recessed into the handle and the rod disconnected. We look forward to the new lock.

Rex

jbeletti
08-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Thanks, Jim, for posting the extended sale information. My RV lock just came apart internally and it was a real mess to get out of the RV with the deadbolt extended, recessed into the handle and the rod disconnected. We look forward to the new lock.

Rex

Rex - sorry to hear this. The lock that fell apart, are you talking about the OEM lock that came with your unit?

rxbristol
08-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Yes, the OEM lock. I should have known to look at it sooner when the inside locking latch seem to be operating TOO smoothly...like something was loose, but I put it on the back-burner. Then, tonight, I locked the latch and again noted it seemed too loose and that was the last time it worked. One of the internal screws to the metal plate had come out which allowed the connecting rod to pull away from the deadbolt. The deadbolt then recessed slightly into the handle. It required sometime to figure out what went wrong. Used the fire escape to get out and get tools to retract the bolt. I have a temporary handle installed right now waiting for the new RVLock. If nothing else, I learned a lot.

jbeletti
08-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Yes, the OEM lock. I should have known to look at it sooner when the inside locking latch seem to be operating TOO smoothly...like something was loose, but I put it on the back-burner. Then, tonight, I locked the latch and again noted it seemed too loose and that was the last time it worked. One of the internal screws to the metal plate had come out which allowed the connecting rod to pull away from the deadbolt. The deadbolt then recessed slightly into the handle. It required sometime to figure out what went wrong. Used the fire escape to get out and get tools to retract the bolt. I have a temporary handle installed right now waiting for the new RVLock. If nothing else, I learned a lot.

Ok - got it. You may have one of the recalled locksets. You may want to check with Heartland on that. If it is, perhaps you can obtain a replacment set to have as a backup in case you ever trade your coach and want to keep your RVLock for the next coach.

rxbristol
08-05-2015, 10:43 PM
Ok - got it. You may have one of the recalled locksets. You may want to check with Heartland on that. If it is, perhaps you can obtain a replacment set to have as a backup in case you ever trade your coach and want to keep your RVLock for the next coach.

Thanks!!

rxbristol
08-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Jim,

There was not a recall on the lock, but Heartland is sending me a replacement because the RV is still under warranty. I installed the RVLock 4.0 and love it. Nice deal for Heartland owners.

jbeletti
08-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Jim,

There was not a recall on the lock, but Heartland is sending me a replacement because the RV is still under warranty. I installed the RVLock 4.0 and love it. Nice deal for Heartland owners.

Great on both accounts!

jls456
09-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Ordered the "Lock Special" today for my Bighorn.. We'll see how it works.

IronJ
09-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Anyone have any tips or tricks for installing these on the newer doors with the full glass??.

Sure would like to get em on!!

Bones
09-17-2015, 04:24 PM
I think our last rally convinced the wife to get the lock. She said she likes it. I may be getting one soon. Yessss.......

IronJ
09-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Oh just get it. ..just tell her you can send it back if she don't like it...haha....no way in the world she won't. ..

Bones
09-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Oh just get it. ..just tell her you can send it back if she don't like it...haha....no way in the world she won't. ..

Then I get the look of death.

IronJ
09-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Better to ask forgiveness than permission

Bones
09-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Better to ask forgiveness than permission

True I think there may be an order placed tonight and then just installed and I will say look honey see how easy it works.

Hippy
09-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Don't do that. Do as I do...Look what I got for "us" honey!
That seems to work for me all the time.

danemayer
09-17-2015, 05:49 PM
Just make sure you get 2 FOBs. Otherwise she'll be asking you why you didn't get yourself a FOB.

IronJ
09-17-2015, 06:25 PM
And if it's a pink fob your a hero! !..you did it ALL for her!!..lol....

jbeletti
09-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Anyone have any tips or tricks for installing these on the newer doors with the full glass??.

Sure would like to get em on!!

Chris Whitford (not sure of his forum name) installed one on his Cyclone with the long window. He modified the lock (cut it) to fit it. He then used black silicone rubber at the cut edge to hide the cut and seal it there on the coach.

IronJ
09-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Chris Whitford (not sure of his forum name) installed one on his Cyclone with the long window. He modified the lock (cut it) to fit it. He then used black silicone rubber at the cut edge to hide the cut and seal it there on the coach.
I thought I recalled someone saying they had modified one to fit...that's for the most part how I have the one on the front door installed...I just need some black silicone I guess and call it a day...even trimmed mine does not sit 100% flat...works fine though

Bones
09-17-2015, 08:07 PM
It is done and ordered. It didn't say anything about the extra key fob so hopefully it come with the package.

Mrsfish
09-17-2015, 08:21 PM
Just make sure you get 2 FOBs. Otherwise she'll be asking you why you didn't get yourself a FOB.

Ann has trained you well, I must say.

Bones
09-17-2015, 08:22 PM
Ann has trained you well, I must say.
I think we should get one pink and one black

DWH
09-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Just purchased LM365 Charleston. Won't get it for 8 weeks or so. Will this lock work on the door to this coach? I can order tomorrow and install after receiving the new unit.
DWH

IronJ
09-17-2015, 08:44 PM
It is done and ordered. It didn't say anything about the extra key fob so hopefully it come with the package.
Mine didn't say anything on the order either but came with 2 in the box....no pink ones tho...lol

jbeletti
09-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Just purchased LM365 Charleston. Won't get it for 8 weeks or so. Will this lock work on the door to this coach? I can order tomorrow and install after receiving the new unit.
DWH

Yes - it will fit. When you order, use the SPECIAL. Also, ask for the black vinyl decal. On full-body-paint coaches, there may be a small spot above and below the RVLock where unpainted door surface can be seen. By adding the decal after the old lock is removed but before the RVLock is installed, this will cover a tiny amount of space around the lock so you don't see any unpainted door surface.

JWalker
09-18-2015, 05:53 AM

We never use the Fobs. I can't even tell you where they are. That's just one more thing to remember and carry around (like the key). We use the attached key pad and never worry about it. We do have the spare key hidden around the trailer. You are going to love it.

Bones
09-18-2015, 05:55 AM
We never use the Fobs. I can't even tell you where they are. That's just one more thing to remember and carry around (like the key). We use the attached key pad and never worry about it. We do have the spare key hidden around the trailer. You are going to love it.
I hope so. It was your trailer that She decided to get the lock from. She liked the fact that no key was required. I didn't order the extra code pad though but that can always be ordered later.

JWalker
09-18-2015, 06:08 AM
I hope so. It was your trailer that She decided to get the lock from. She liked the fact that no key was required. I didn't order the extra code pad though but that can always be ordered later.

It it is one option we will never be with out. Especially with a family that wants to come in and out.

Ron-Cookie
09-18-2015, 09:56 AM
Cookie loves the extra keypad... She is short and doesn't have to get up on the step to unlock the door....

Bones
09-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Cookie loves the extra keypad... She is short and doesn't have to get up on the step to unlock the door....
Thanks. It probably would be better for the kids to use too when they get older. I should be able to order it later if she decided's she wants one after I get the lock installed

Bones
09-21-2015, 05:20 PM
I feel like a kid at Christmas time. Look at what came in the mail today. And it did come with the extra key Fob

sjandbj
09-21-2015, 05:28 PM
I feel like a kid at Christmas time. Look at what came in the mail today. And it did come with the extra key Fob

Your going love the new lock. I did not think it would be so convenient until I installed it and left the keys at home. What a lifesaver.

Steve

JWalker
09-21-2015, 05:42 PM

Nice. Let me know how much you like it when you go outside to load the trailer and you don't need to run back into the house because you forgot the keys....

IronJ
09-21-2015, 05:53 PM
Just need the pass through/slam latch version and I'll be a VERY happy camper! ! Lol

Bones
09-21-2015, 05:59 PM
Your going love the new lock. I did not think it would be so convenient until I installed it and left the keys at home. What a lifesaver.

Steve
I can see where that would be a problem

- - - Updated - - -

Nice. Let me know how much you like it when you go outside to load the trailer and you don't need to run back into the house because you forgot the keys....
Funny I've already done that. I may just keep the storage compartment keys in the camper now because I can see my self forgetting them

- - - Updated - - -

Just need the pass through/slam latch version and I'll be a VERY happy camper! ! Lol

I think you should submit your idea to them.

JWalker
09-21-2015, 06:00 PM
I can see where that would be a problem

- - - Updated - - -

Funny I've already done that. I may just keep the storage compartment keys in the camper now because I can see my self forgetting them

We have a set in there all the time.

IronJ
09-21-2015, 06:41 PM
- - - Updated - - -

I think you should submit your idea to them.[/QUOTE]

I would but as I understand it they are already in the works....[emoji41]

IronJ
09-22-2015, 07:15 PM
I am happy to leak to our Heartland family very first that our keyless slam latch replacement will be coming online around the end of the year as well as multiple other products. Stay tuned for special pricing on this and other new products as a way for us to say thank you for all of your business and kind words...
You need me to give em a test run lemme know!!.lol[emoji41]

RVLockSupport
09-22-2015, 07:18 PM
I am happy to leak to our Heartland family very first that our keyless slam latch replacement will be coming online around the end of the year as well as multiple other products. Stay tuned for special pricing on this and other new products as a way for us to say thank you for all of your business and kind words...

TravelTiger
09-22-2015, 07:28 PM

Whoohoo! Now Heartland, make a deal to have these on all your products!!! Hint hint?!?

Bones
09-22-2015, 07:29 PM

I am thrilled. I will love to see how they look and work.

JWalker
09-22-2015, 07:32 PM

Now we're talking!!!

Bones
09-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Now we're talking!!!
The only thing I hope is that they are not expensive. I have 6 slam locks on my coach and that could get really expensive. It took a lot just to talk the wife into getting one and then she saw your coach Jamie. BTW thanks for that.

JWalker
09-22-2015, 07:52 PM
The only thing I hope is that they are not expensive. I have 6 slam locks on my coach and that could get really expensive. It took a lot just to talk the wife into getting one and then she saw your coach Jamie. BTW thanks for that.

They make great stocking stuffer for Christmas. Lol.

mcmartin
10-26-2015, 01:18 PM
I just ordered the RVLock rvlv 4.0 with two fobs from rvlock and they gave me the 199.99 price. I think I will love the new system

For20hunter
10-26-2015, 01:19 PM
I just ordered the RVLock rvlv 4.0 with two fobs from rvlock and they gave me the 199.99 price. I think I will love the new system

You will!! It's an amazing system! We have had it on both of our Heartland RV's!!

Lynn1130
10-26-2015, 03:50 PM
My wife loves them. She likes the fact that she does not have to carry a key to get in and out especially during potty breaks on the road.

pday1213
10-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Quick question: Can anyone tell me what would happen if the batteries go dead in the RV Lock and you can not open with the key FOB how do you get the door unlock? The key FOB operates the deadbolt and the key operates the latch lock. How would I be able to get in my coach if the RV lock batteries were dead?

Thanks

jbeletti
10-26-2015, 10:26 PM
Quick question: Can anyone tell me what would happen if the batteries go dead in the RV Lock and you can not open with the key FOB how do you get the door unlock? The key FOB operates the deadbolt and the key operates the latch lock. How would I be able to get in my coach if the RV lock batteries were dead?

Thanks

The lock comes with 2 keys. You'd use a key from your key ring.

danemayer
10-26-2015, 10:29 PM

Thanks

There are two key locks. One unlocks the deadbolt. When the batteries get low, I think it beeps to warn you before they go dead.

For20hunter
10-26-2015, 10:33 PM
It gives you different tones when locking and unlocking when the batteries get low so you have plenty of warning before they go out. We also keep a spare key in our TV so if they ever do go dead or the lock fails we have a way to get in. In 3.5 years never been an issue and have only gone through two sets of batteries.

Rod

jdfishing
10-26-2015, 10:46 PM
Dag Gumit. Missed it again.

jbeletti
10-26-2015, 10:58 PM
Dag Gumit. Missed it again.

Extended through end of October :)

Bones
12-29-2015, 08:28 AM

I just thought I would ask how this is coming along. I am very curious. Thanks :)

kdubinwa
12-29-2015, 12:53 PM
I just thought I would ask how this is coming along. I am very curious. Thanks :)

X2. I'm on waiting to purchase the new combination.

jbeletti
12-29-2015, 09:24 PM

I spoke to Cade at RV Lock today about the Slam Latch "RV Lock" Handles. He told me they are very close to launching this. If you're an "early adopter" sort of guy - stay tuned for the launch and a promotion :)

AlwaysOnLiberty
12-29-2015, 11:35 PM
We hope they have this special again for the next rally!!

jbeletti
12-29-2015, 11:44 PM
We hope they have this special again for the next rally!!

Why wait... They have a few specials on their Facebook page - link (https://www.facebook.com/RVLock-Keyless-for-RVs-120769967962988/)

Bones
12-30-2015, 06:02 AM
I spoke to Cade at RV Lock today about the Slam Latch "RV Lock" Handles. He told me they are very close to launching this. If you're an "early adopter" sort of guy - stay tuned for the launch and a promotion :)
Cool. The nice thing is they have had few iterations of the RV lock so the technology should already be evolved well. Just a different application.

travelin2
12-30-2015, 07:37 AM
Why wait... They have a few specials on their Facebook page - link (https://www.facebook.com/RVLock-Keyless-for-RVs-120769967962988/)

They had great deals on Black Friday with free shipping.
Everyone will just have to wait until next year now.

Lynn1130
12-30-2015, 10:07 AM
I love those locks and so does my wife, who was not a supporter when I wanted to purchase it since we would need two if we wanted to do both doors. She did not like the cost but with the sale, agreed to a purchase. Now she loves them since it means no key when making roadside potty breaks. I think that I mentioned before that when hunting our group may come back to camp at different times and it has eliminated the "hide a key" routine to get into the trailer.

I use rechargeable Eneloop Ni-MH for a couple of reasons. The main one being that Ni-MH do not leak like standard batteries. I found that after several months of pretty heavy use the 2000 mHa batteries were still at about 90%.

billk263
12-31-2015, 10:11 AM
Woo hoo!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/31/99be2b87ca193c51f7e6a50ab98dbbc4.jpg