Inverter Size - Residential Refrigerator

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Unscientific poll: I am converting to a Residential Reefer (Samsung RF18). I am looking at two Xantrax inverters, 1000W Pure Sine Wave and 2000W Pure Sine Wave. I will not be running anything else off the inverter. I see that Heartland uses a 1000W inverter in their new ones. Cost being a factor ($150 difference), which would you get?

justafordguy

The one that came with my Gateway is a 1000 watt but they had do do some special firmware to make it work during compressor startup with out overloading. If I was adding one myself I would go with a 2000watt.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Gus - we had the 1000 watt Magnum that came in the Landmark but had problems with it kicking off during travel (that software problem thing that HL had). We elected not to go back with what HL was offering and went with a 1500 watt system that RV's for Less installed so sorry not sure what brand it is. Haven't had the first problem since going up in the watts.

bdb2047

Gus, when I did ours and looking on other forums for what others had done it seamed as though 1500 is what most were using in their retro fit. I at first had 1500msw and had no issues. Oh and good luck with stove top.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Gus,

We have had our Inverter with our residential fridge for a year now and have no issues whatsoever, however, the only thing it is used for is the fridge. We have been unhooked for more than 15 hours and it powers the fridge just fine.

My suggestion would be to determine exactly what you want to power first, if it is going to be only the Samsung RF18 fridge, then I would not spend the extra money on a larger inverter, however if you think you might want to run something else, then you would need to calculate out that amp/volt/watt draw before you begin looking at inverters and alternate batteries.

Rod