New member and Torque 321 owners

jetmech36

We just purchased our first fifth wheel this week a Torque 321, 2016 model. We're on an overseas assignment in Turin Italy for the next few years, so we will have limited camping time. However, twice a year we will fly home and really look forward to using our new RV. As I'm reading through the many posts, I see that I have plenty to learn from all these members and their experience.
Ciao tutti, Randy

jimtoo

Hi jetmech36,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you need help with anything just ask, someone will most likely be able to answer your question, or a least point you in the right direction.

Since you will be out of the country, will you have someone that will be looking after your unit while your on assignment?

Enjoy the forum and your unit when you get it.

Jim M

jetmech36

Thanks for the welcome Jim. Yes, I plan to store it at my folks house as of right now. I may end up having a shed built this winter and move it on up to my house where my kids can keep an eye on her.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Welcome to the family. 2 things to consider. Don't park it on dirt as it damage's the tires. Put down some 2X12's to park the tires on. Have someone check all the roof caulking every 4-5 months and repair as needed. You don't want any water leaks into the new coach.

jimtoo

Good idea to park it near someone where they can open it up, look around, and just check it out once in a while. Kinda treat it like a pet,,, have them tell it you'll be home soon, pet it on the rear and make sure it don't catch a cold or get sick. :)

Jim M

jetmech36

Lol, I'm sure the kids will take care of the new gal for us!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the advice Bob, I plan to put it up on cement blocks when she gets delivered and then covered. I'll be sure and have the family keeping an eye on it for us.

Bob&Patty

I would advise you against installing a cover. Most of the time they do more damage than good and more so if you live where it gets windy. Most covers, even the best ones only last a year or so. Have you tried to put one on?? It takes 3 men and 2 boys. Also, if the kids wash it....use only Dawn dish soap on the roof and NO sealers of any kind.

jetmech36

Now this surprises me Bob, I figured a cover would be in my better interest. The rv will be sitting for a good couple of years, less a couple of trips each year. In what ways could the cover cause more harm than good? Getting a shed built for it is about a year away, maybe less. The cover I'm looking at is about $600 from camping world with a 3 year warranty I believe, which doesn't necessarily mean it'll last that long of course. The rv will have pretty good protection from most of the winds in the position it will be in. Thanks for your input Bob!

BlackT

Hi Jetmech36,
We have a 2015 Torque 321 and have enjoyed it a great deal. It is a well designed trailer for us. There is however one land mine you should be aware of that we found out about the hard way. If the bedroom nightstand door on the slide out side happens to open up while travelling down the road, it can come to rest between the slide out facing frame and the wall. You will not be able to see it since the slide out will be in the way. If that happens and you extend the bedroom slide it will damage the nightstand door and dislodge the lower front slide cable. Have a look at your 2016 and see that is still a possibility. I think that it probably is. We rectified the situation by installing a child safety catch on the nightstand door to prevent it from opening unintentionally. Other than that we haven't had many problems with ours. One other thing, I think your trailer came with Sailun tires. If by chance it has Towmax tires, please do a search of Towmax on this site before you go very far on them.

Happy Trails

jetmech36

Hi Tom
Thanks so much for this advice, based on your experience. I will definitely be on the watch for this. As for the tires you are right, I have the "safe version". Great post and thanks again.

Bob&Patty

The reason's for not using a cover is. They can rub on the roof and the sides of the trailer if there is any wind. Dirt can still get under the cover and then you have a "sand paper" cover rubbing on everything. Next thing is getting a 200# cover up 13' in the air and pulling it 35 to 40' from one end or the other. All JMHO