Kitchen and Bathroom Backsplash

lwall

If any of you were like us we couldn't wait to change the backsplash in the kitchen from the dark brick pattern to a modern tile look in our 2015 Key Largo with peel and stick tiles from "Smart Tile". The pattern we selected is Belagio Keystone. These decorative light weight peel and stick tiles were perfect to add some color to our kitchen area and they were super easy to install. Cost was approximately $9.00 per 12x12 tile and the project took 10 tiles if you make a mistake or take spare tile or two into consideration. Obviously they have many options to choose from to meet most decor and installation was simple.

1. Remove factory backsplash
2. Prep wall by removing excess silicone glue
3. Peel and stick using a strait edge
4. Trim with Smart Edge if desired

We also installed a different pattern in the bathroom for the sink backsplash,and the space above the shower enclosure and the ceiling, our choice was Minemo Roca, cost was approximately $8.00 as well and we used 10 tiles for the entire bathroom project. My wife didn't like the metal soap and toothbrush holders so we left those off and the tiles covered those screw holes perfectly. Minimal prep for both bathroom locations and the tiles were applied directly to the wall surfaces. Cleans up easily and adds a personal touch.

http://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 396
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 379
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 350

Garypowell

Looks great! I too like the above the shower look. I have done kitchen but not bath yet.....it always amazes me what people think up. Thanks for sharing.

Gary521

I have thought of doing this but have wondered if anyone has had issues with tile falling off while trailer sits in freezing temps of winter storage. Seems that I have heard some problems. Anybody know?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We put the ones lwall used in their bathroom in our galley 3 years ago. Have had no problems with them. Of course, we don't get CO winters here in NoVA; just teens and lower 20's.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I like the Smart Edge, that is new. May need to add to edge of ours in the bathroom.

Miltp920

20150509_160131.jpg

yours looks REALLY NICE. i like the smart edge too. i did mine with real tile and grout. Turned out nice, but certainly not as easy as peel and stick. i may try to smart edge mine now.

Attachments

• 20150509_160131.jpg
    20150509_160131.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 167

randolu

I used the Smart Tiles in my current rig, both in the kitchen area and bath. I installed them last summer and they did perfect over the winter and we are in Michigan so we are very cold in the winter months. I did the backsplash behind the bath sink as well as above the shower and love it. I also did the whole wall behind the toilet and it looks awesome!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I used the Smart Tiles in my current rig, both in the kitchen area and bath. I installed them last summer and they did perfect over the winter and we are in Michigan so we are very cold in the winter months. I did the backsplash behind the bath sink as well as above the shower and love it. I also did the whole wall behind the toilet and it looks awesome!

Post pics! I'd like to see that behind the toilet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike-n-Justina

If any of you were like us we couldn't wait to change the backsplash in the kitchen from the dark brick pattern to a modern tile look in our 2015 Key Largo with peel and stick tiles from "Smart Tile". The pattern we selected is Belagio Keystone. These decorative light weight peel and stick tiles were perfect to add some color to our kitchen area and they were super easy to install. Cost was approximately $9.00 per 12x12 tile and the project took 10 tiles if you make a mistake or take spare tile or two into consideration. Obviously they have many options to choose from to meet most decor and installation was simple.

1. Remove factory backsplash
2. Prep wall by removing excess silicone glue
3. Peel and stick using a strait edge
4. Trim with Smart Edge if desired

We also installed a different pattern in the bathroom for the sink backsplash,and the space above the shower enclosure and the ceiling, our choice was Minemo Roca, cost was approximately $8.00 as well and we used 10 tiles for the entire bathroom project. My wife didn't like the metal soap and toothbrush holders so we left those off and the tiles covered those screw holes perfectly. Minimal prep for both bathroom locations and the tiles were applied directly to the wall surfaces. Cleans up easily and adds a personal touch.

http://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/

How many smart edge tiles did it take to do the kitchen and the bathroom. They really dress the tiles up. Looks nice.

Last edited:

randolu

Where did you get the Smart Edge? The only place I see it online is at the Smarttiles website.

I ordered them online. The delivery was very prompt. They have several styles to choose from. They are a bit pricey but easy to work with and go up quickly as well as look really nice!

randolu

I added Smart Tiles to my back splash and one whole wall in my bathroom of our old rig. It wintered (storage) winters in Michigan with no problems at all.