Alaska Adventure

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I am creating this "Thread" at the request of a Colo Chapter member.
Marty wants to plan an Alaska Adventure and would like to know if anyone in the HOC community would like to join in..
Mary will make his posting and explain the plans etc.

Thanks Garry for starting this post!

This is very early on in our planning so nothing is really set yet, and I mean nothing! We have always want to see Alaska so next summer it will happen, if we are both able. If anyone out there is interested in tagging along, leading or whatever, we are totally open to almost any suggestions at this point. We do not want to go along with one of the caravan groups as they try to keep to a certain schedule. We will not have a real schedule, want to see as much as possible and take the time it requires as this is a once in a life time trip for us. Any suggestions from anyone who has done this trip will be welcome as well.

Marty Davis

Sniper

Alaska is most definitely on our "must do" list. Sadly it won't be until the Commander around here retires. :)

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Just returning from spending 6+ weeks in AK, 16 weeks total, be home tomorrow. Always willing to put in my two cents worth so feel free to ask me via this thread or PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbbls59

We enjoyed our trip in 2011. The journey up and back were as enjoyable as the time in Alaska. Be sure and take the bus ride in Denali. Visit Jasper and Banff on the way. Take Casiar highway one direction and the Alcan the other.

MTPockets

We enjoyed our trip in 2011. The journey up and back were as enjoyable as the time in Alaska. Be sure and take the bus ride in Denali. Visit Jasper and Banff on the way. Take Casiar highway one direction and the Alcan the other.
Gosh, that's exactly what we did, and, in 2011. Our trip was North from Vacouver then the Casiar Hwy. side trip to Homer and Stewart. Returned via Chicken and Alaskan Hwy thru Banff and Jasper to Glacier NP... Really a great trip... Check out our blog from 2011.. Maybe we saw you and didn't know it.

SilverRhino

Check out http://www.gonewiththewynns.com/ This young couple are currently touring Alaska in a MH, but their blogs are very entertaining and have a lot of good information that would apply to travelling in a MH or with a FW.

Travel Safe!

Not sure what I did but link does not work..... FIXED the Link!!