5.1 Surround Sound Upgrade

Skywrench

Full Timer
My Edge 397 comes with a large TV but the sound system is lacking. I ended up buying a Vizio 5.1 surround sound system that consists of a 42" soundbar, subwoofer and satellite speakers. The soundbar houses the front left, right and center speakers. The subwoofer is wirelessly controlled by the soundbar and the two rear speakers are connected by wires to the sub. I mounted the soundbar above the TV. The sofa slide out in the 397 is pretty similar to the Cyclones so I put the subwoofer behind the sofa and installed the rear speakers where they would go in the Cyclones with surround sound. I connected the soundbar to the digital output on the TV and plugged it in. I added a cheap blue ray DVD player too.

It sounds fantastic! Plenty of volume with lots of bass. Best part of it was the price. I got the Vizio refurbished on amazon for around 250. I was kind of nervous buying something refurbished but after unpacking everything it all looked brand new and worked perfectly.

TxCowboy

We're looking at doing something similar but having a problem finding a sound bar small enough. I think we have about 32 inches as the available width and not finding many 5.1 systems that will accommodate that width. Bluetooth is a must have as well.

Still looking...