Edge M 18 Dump Question

EdgeOut

Edge M 18 Dumb Question

Forgotten more than I have learned in our RVing days. Since there are no manuals etc with our 2010 Edge M18 I have a couple of questions from the "knowledge Group".

1) If we empty that Fresh Water Tank and then hook to City Water we are assuming that the Water Heater will remain filled from the City Source as we use it?

2) Once the Fresh Water Tank is empty and we go to Winterize I am assuming that there is a Suction Connection Hose in the pump compartment in the bay which will allow us to run antifreeze to all faucets interior and exterior and will leave antifreeze in the pump as well. This would be done AFTER turning the By Pass Valves to close off the Water Heater?

Many thanks and sorry for all these questions lately but this is the first unit without any Manuals dealing with the Edge M18 2010 Product
John & Kris Aiken SC

danemayer

Re: Edge M 18 Dumb Question

Forgotten more than I have learned in our RVing days. Since there are no manuals etc with our 2010 Edge M18 I have a couple of questions from the "knowledge Group".

1) If we empty that Fresh Water Tank and then hook to City Water we are assuming that the Water Heater will remain filled from the City Source as we use it?

2) Once the Fresh Water Tank is empty and we go to Winterize I am assuming that there is a Suction Connection Hose in the pump compartment in the bay which will allow us to run antifreeze to all faucets interior and exterior and will leave antifreeze in the pump as well. This would be done AFTER turning the By Pass Valves to close off the Water Heater?

Many thanks and sorry for all these questions lately but this is the first unit without any Manuals dealing with the Edge M18 2010 Product
John & Kris Aiken SC

Hi EdgeOut,

Opening the fresh tank drain under the trailer should empty the tank without draining water from the water heater, as long as the pump doesn't have a defective check valve. And even if it does, it probably wouldn't drain much from the water heater. You'd know if the check valve was defective because the fresh tank would fill by itself when hooked to city water.

While I'm not familiar with the Edge and couldn't tell you the location, I think it has an antifreeze suction valve and hose. And yes, you would add antifreeze after bypassing the water heater.

Don't forget to let the water heater cool down and drain it by removing the anode rod or drain cap. If it's a suburban, check the condition of the anode rod to determine if it's time to replace it.

EdgeOut

Re: Edge M 18 Dumb Question

Dan & Ann Thanks much Just wanted to make sure on this model that after emptying the fresh water tank I can run City water and the Water Heater will remain filled.
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Dan: WE have always replaced the anode rod yearly..we figure it;s cheap insurance.
Thanks again for the response