gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders

Venue:
------------------------------

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 20
  • Register by end of day 1/31/2016
  • Site fee: $$43.90--group discount applied with 10 rigs per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20 per rig
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 9/16/2016
  • Potluck time: 6:00 PM

Additional Info:
Rates:
Group rate is $5 off on Fri. & Sat, $7.50 off Sun-Thurs. 25% deposit is required at time reservation is made. Each member makes their own reservations by Jan 31, 2016. After that date the sites not reserved will be released to the public. Please let me know your site # once you have it.

Additional Information:
Campground is located off Hiway 115 between Colorado Springs and Penrose. Other amenities include cable TV, convenience store, fire wood, pet park and hot tub.

ACTIVITIES:
*Coffee each morning 8:30-10:00 at the Pavilion.

Thurs. Sept. 15:

Snack Potluck Meet and Greet in the Activity Room @ 6:00 PM. Bring a snack, table service, and beverage of your choice. Campfire afterwards at the pavilion.

Fri. Sept. 16:

Potluck @ 6:00 PM in the Activity Room. Chapter will supply the meat (Italian
Roast Beef). Bring your own table service. We will be selling tickets for a 50/50 Raffle ($1 per ticket, or 6 for $5) and will hold the Steal a Gift drawing after the Potluck.

Steal a Gift--Bring an unwrapped gift valued between $10-15. Does not have to be RV related. One gift per rig or one per person, your choice. With each gift you will receive one ticket for the Steal A Gift drawing. Campfire afterwards at the pavilion.

"Halloween Craft: Pumpkin"
Participants will bring a new roll of toilet paper and two plastic grocery bags (the type from Walmart, Target...) for each pumpkin. All other materials will be supplied.

We will have it on Friday morning & Saturday morning (if needed) after the morning coffee time.... let's say around 10:30. Making the pumpkin will not take long at all, so if someone wants to go and do something on either of those days there shouldn't be a problem. We'll have it in the activities room area. Some people may not be going anywhere for the day (Fri & Sat)so they may want to continue visiting with each other after the Pumpkin Activity...if so, they can bring their own craft project to the lounge room.

Sat. Sept. 17

Omelettes Breakfast 8:00 AM

Camera Workshop 11:00 AM in Activity room. John D has offered to do a workshop on camera usage and selection. He will also answer questions anyone may have about their own cameras.

7:00 PM. RAFFLE In the Activity Room.
Raffle Prize : $1 per ticket or 6 for $5)
Propane Campfire Ring & Tank (Camping World), RVLock, Snap Pads (1 set), 2 Composite Propane Tanks & Zero Gravity Chair courtesy of Pikes Peak Traveland(LINK), Blanket Throw, Folding Picnic Baskets, 1 year HOC Membership extension, 4 Camp Chairs, Induction cooking burner, plush HL blanket, HOC knit caps, 3 x 5 HOC flag, Heartland carry bags, and other misc. items.

We have the activity room for the evening if anyone wants to play games there. Campfire afterwards at the pavilion.

Ice Cream Social in the evening hosted by Mountaindale in front of the office. Bring $1, a bowl and spoon, and you get all the ice cream you want. Time TBD

Sun. Sept. 18: Lite breakfast at Pavilion with coffee and rolls.

Attendees:
1. Gregg & Linda (CO Chapter Leaders) Site 17, 9/14-19*
2. Don & Monica (Retired CO Chapter Leaders) Site 16 9/13-19*
3. Garry, Dakota, & Cheyenne, AZ (Mountain Region Director) Site 21 9/15-18 *
4. John & Kathy D CO. Site 23 9/15-18*
5. Darren & Pam. CO, Site 41, 9/15-19 *
6. Mike & Anna CO. Site 28 9/14-19 *
7. Derald & Sue NM Site 35 , 9/14-19 *
8. Dave & Sue, CO Site 20, 9/14-19*
9. Pat & Elaine TX Site 25, 9/14-19 *
10. Brian & Jan CO Site 22 9/15-19 *
11. Roy & Brenda IA Site 26, 9/14-19 *
12. Ronn & Sarah CO Site 45. 9/15-18 *
13. Bill & DeAnna CO Site 43 9/14-18 *
14. Bill & Ingrid CO Site 30 *
15. Jim & Nancy CO Site 32, 9/14-19 *
16. Steve & Susan CO Site 14 *
17. Mark & Susan CO *
18. Terry & Carol TX Site 29. 9/14-29*
19. Dan & Lisa PA Site 33 9/14-9/18*
20. Bob C TX Site 9 9/5-19*
21. Dan & Ann, CO, Site 75. 9/15-18 *
22. Jeff & Kelly, CO . Site 76. 9/16-18*

* Indicates reservations have been made.

Breakfast Omelettes in a Bag:

We need volunteers to bring items to be used in an omelette. Diced onions, green or red peppers, ham bits, chopped mushrooms, chopped olives and anything else to make an omelette. We also need 2 individuals to bring 1 lb of cheese each.

1. Steve & Susan Eggs & Cooker
2. Gregg & Linda Diced Ham & Cooker
3. Don & Monica 1 lb shredded cheese & Hash Browns
4. Mike & Anna 1 lb shredded cheese
5. Darren & Pam 1lb bacon & 1lb sausage
6. Bob C Diced veggies
7. Pat & Elaine, OJ
8. John & Kathy, Mushrooms
9. Ronn & Sarah, Red & Green Diced Peppers
10. Brian & Jan, Muffins/Croissants
11. Jim B. Sausage Patties

Last edited:

jbeletti

Cool - this could be a "maybe" for us as we could hit it on the way to Vegas. We'll get back with y'all on it.

dwpkdavis

We are planning on being there. Will let you know site number when we've made reservations.

Darren & Pam Davis

paulh

Gregg - We are planning to attend. It is our first Colorado rally and am really looking forward to it. I will let you know our dates and site #.

gwalter

Paul, glad you will be attending the CO Rally and look forward to meeting you in Tucson. I see we are on the RAT team for Tucson.

Gregg

gwalter

I would just like to remind everyone that you have about 10 weeks to reserve a site for this rally. Mountaindale is a very popular campground and does fill up most weekends. They will only hold our reserved sites until Jan. 31, 2016. After that time they will be released for public reservations. Please call them and make reservations and then let me know your site number and arrival and departure dates.

paulh

Hi Gregg,

We just made our reservation - arriving on 9/14 and departing 9/19/16, Site #20.

gwalter

Thanks Mike & Paul for letting me know your sites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possum51

Gregg,

Just made our reservation for your rally. Coming in on Sept 14 and pulling out on the 19th. Our site number is #25. Thanks, Gregg!

gwalter

Pat & Elaine, glad to have you join us. We look forward to meeting and getting to know you.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Hey Gregg.....will call in the morning for my site number...Looking at either #21 or 19....
Looking forward to the Rally....

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Gregg: Booked this morning....Site 21 Arrive on the 15th, depart on the 18th...
Can't stay any longer as I have another Rally on the 21st.

gwalter

I got a PM that Brian and Jan will be joining us for this rally. We are up to 10 rigs now, let's see if we can fill all 20 reserved sites before Mountaindale opens them to the public. This is a great campground in beautiful surroundings.

Last edited:

gwalter

Welcome to Roy & Brenda Hiebner of Nebr. to our Mountaindale Rally in Sept. Look forward to meeting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.