Tire Cover

GWRam

The elastic gave out on ours. Lasted just over a year. Became just a saggy bag. Aftermarket one I purchased for last camper tied on much more secure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

buddyboy

The elastic gave out on ours. Lasted just over a year. Became just a saggy bag. Aftermarket one I purchased for last camper tied on much more secure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not sure that's what the OP is trying to relate. Hope we receive more information.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our new Heartland Prowler doesn't have a tire cover as the spare is mounted under the trailer.

However, our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner didn't come with a tire cover, but I did purchase one for it, as I did (several times) for the trailer we had before that.

We usually got about two years out of them before the elastic either gave out, or the vinyl started cracking (dry rotting).

I still have the one I bought at Camping World for the Trail Runner as I had just bought new wheels and tires for it (larger than the stock ones) before we traded it in and the tire cover was too small to fit the new spare.

Since you are under warranty, you should contact your dealership and let them know, although I will tell you that when we got our Trail Runner, the bumper caps kept falling off as did one of the sewer drain handles on our first trip out, and they were not covered under warranty.

Campout2012-PC250007.jpg CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg

By the by . . . which Heartland trailer did you get?

jimtoo

Hi Restofrank,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Restofrank

Hi Restofrank,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thank You Jim,

I have been into RV's for over 36 years, I sold my Wilderness 24P travel trailer 20 years ago and started staying in hotel's when we traveled. Two years ago we bought this trailer and we love it. I didn't realize how much I missed traveling in a trailer. We try to use it a least every two months. :)