Open cabinets

rickylynne

How do you use the open cabinets with the little decorative edge along the bottom? What do you store there? Do things fall out? Any DIY solutions to the lack of doors?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I see this is your 1st post. But I need to ask... What coach do you have, what cabinets and pix are always a big help. The old story of "info..info". BTW, welcome to the forum and HL family.

rickylynne

I see this is your 1st post. But I need to ask... What coach do you have, what cabinets and pix are always a big help. The old story of "info..info". BTW, welcome to the forum and HL family.

Thanks Bob&Patty,
I had a photo all ready to go, but can't post it until I lose my newbie status. We have a 2011 Sundance XLT, not sure the model number - was told it was 30' and it has rear lounge with two slides, no bedroom slide. You can see the cupboard here http://twotwotwo.net/2015/07/27/in-between/. There are about 5 others like it, of varying sizes. All we could think of to put there was cereal boxes (even if they fall it won't hurt anything), but we don't eat cereal ;)

jimtoo

Hi rickylynne,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You might think of getting a adjustable curtain rod and using it to go across the opening to keep things from falling out. They are only about 1/2" dia and they are available in different lengths with a compression spring to hold them in place.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I seem to have read where some folks have contacted the factory and had doors made to put over those openings. If you can measure and see if other doors in your coach would work to cover them, that might be even easier. Just order some extra doors.

Garypowell

You might try simply putting stuff in there that you don't care if it falls out.....and see if it does. Once you get an idea of how bouncy the unit is you can move up to fancier stuff. Another trick is to put either a cup hook or other attachment device and use a bungie cord between them.