ATF: Gateway - CRACK IN FIBERGLASS

After the purchase of our 3650bh, we have encountered multiple problems. We purchased the coach from walnut ridge rv in new castle,in. They failed at several repairs and were too far away from home to keep going back. We took the coach to more local dealer, petes rv in schererville, in. Along with several needed repairs, all warranty related, was a crack in the side of the coach. They sent it out to local bodyshop for repairs and before we could pick it up it cracked again. I build race cars for a living and i understand metal frame structure and this must be a internal frame failure. This is unacceptable to me after spending so much on this coach. We have not even enjoyed this unit since they have had it for over a month. Please contact me with what we need to do rectify this problem.

jimtoo

Hi Kustomcarwiz,

I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, ask for Mike Zuera, brand manager for your area, and have your VIN when you call and pictures. Stay on hold if needed. The ATF thread is monitored but not on a 24 hour basis

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Wargen

Kustom,
I'd love to hear the outcome of your issue. Heartland picked my unit up on Sunday to fix the stress crack in the side. My wife and I love our unit, but we have had several issues that were not resolved by our dealer. I know that this isn't Heartland's "Top of the Line", but like you, I spent a lot of money (for me at least) on this unit and so far I'm disappointed with the quality of craftsmanship. I have high hopes that all of the issues with our coach are resolved when Heartland gives it back to me.

Update on my issue!
I can't say enough about the quality of the service I received from Heartland! I had a major crack and several other little things that needed to be fixed. My dealer was unable to properly resolve the issues. However, Heartland really stepped up to the plate and completely satisfied all of my concerns! Daryl was very helpful, thanks man! It did take a bit of time to get things worked out (they had someone come pick up my unit and then drop it off after) but, man was it worth it! Absolutely beautiful now and exactly what I was hoping for.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
This issues comes up over and over again. You buy a coach and have some issues. Your dealer is unable or won't fix these properly. Your upset and then HL gets the blame. As stated many, many times on the forum. Call HL direct and have them find a service center near you that WILL repair your coach.

ketah777

We also just had a stress crack repaired on our Gateway. We travel fulltime and were concerned with how to get this taken care of while on the road. We had plans to return to our hometown in FL for the holidays and since we would be staying with family we could be out of the RV for awhile. We took it to the dealer we purchased from and left it with them for 3 weeks. When we picked it up in January they had not fixed anything. Just like someone else said in this post, don't blame Heartland for something the dealer should have done.

Anyway, I was able to begin working with someone from Heartland who helped me to find another dealer to bring this to and have the crack taken care of. The Heartland rep was wonderful to work with and helped us every step of the way. The repair was just completed last week at Dixie RV in Louisiana. They did a great job and gave us excellent customer service, and I couldn't be happier with the excellent customer service we received from Heartland also. We love our Gateway and are happy to know that we purchased from a company that stands behind their product and takes care of their customers.