What is it - water leak?

I have a 2006 2925 BH and had a water leak. There was water in the storage bay and a couple of times it was on the floor inside the coach at the front door. Once the water smelled like black water - not good. Anyway found two water lines that went up from the storage bay alongside the entry closet. Removed the entry closet paneling (not easy)and discovered some kind of valve that was leaking. Had a service tech over (we are at a semi-permanent site in Florida) and he replaced the thing, but wasn't sure what it is for.

Question, what is it and why was it buried in such a hard to access location? I am guessing that it might be the sani-flush backflow valve but not sure.

Thanks to anyone who knows and maybe this will help someone else that has a mysterious leak. Sure had me scatching my head for awhile

Ron

jbeletti

Hi Ron,

I think you guessed right - back-flow valve for the San-T-Flush. Saw one once. Black plastic. They need to be inline between the UDC and the black tank. That means it will not be easily accessible.

ChopperBill

Yes my friend with a new Augusta had water leaking in under there kitchen counter of all places. It was from the back flow preventer when he hooked up the sani-flush. All of these fancy pants do-dads they have to put in these things sure make a nightmare out of a trailer. When your sani-flush backs up into the kitchen it sure takes the sani out of things!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I had the same leak. I found a backflow preventor and an anti siphon valve. It was the anti siphon valve that was leaking. Got a shiny new cromed brass one for only $96 in Indio California from a plumbing supply.