Microwave venting

Hemi392

We got our 2015 3010 and the microwave vent fan blows the air into the trailer. Reading the manual it says that there are 3 ways to vent it and one is internally. Does anyone else have this issue? Not sure if it should be or not. I would think not but.......

Sent from my awesome red hot smokin iPad mini!

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
If your microwave is above the cook-top/oven your and the microwave has a vent on the bottom and then is an external exhaust where the microwave is located, then it should vent to the outside. You will need to remove the microwave to change the exhaust direction. When you remove the microwave be sure that the exhaust in the microwave is not blocked by punch outs, here is a link to a thread that has photos of punch outs on an Amana convection/microwave. What is the brand and model of your microwave? Go to the manufactures web site and download the install and operators instruction manual.

Hemi392

Possible with the outside vent. I can't seem to figure out how it opens. Seems locked closed.

Hemi392

Yep that's what it was. Hard to get around this machine without any kind of instruction manual.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Possible with the outside vent. I can't seem to figure out how it opens. Seems locked closed.

I just figured this out myself when replacing the High Pointe oven with a Samsung. The vent opening is closed normally and you need to open it from the outside by just getting a ladder and with a small blade screwdriver pop the lower part of the flap out. It is hinged at the top. I found no documentation that explains this so you need to make it part of your winterizing each year. Close for the winter and open when you start using the RV again.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I just figured this out myself when replacing the High Pointe oven with a Samsung. The vent opening is closed normally and you need to open it from the outside by just getting a ladder and with a small blade screwdriver pop the lower part of the flap out. It is hinged at the top. I found no documentation that explains this so you need to make it part of your winterizing each year. Close for the winter and open when you start using the RV again.
Fred & Eileen
Did you notice a difference from the High Pointe going to the Samsung ? I like how quit it is but NOT how poor it works. Also was it an easy swap without changing the wall mount, or doing any modifications to the back splash ?

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Fred & Eileen
Did you notice a difference from the High Pointe going to the Samsung ? I like how quit it is but NOT how poor it works. Also was it an easy swap without changing the wall mount, or doing any modifications to the back splash ?

I installed the Samsung MC17F808KDT Over-The-Range Convection Microwave. Yes I used the same wall mount so I did not have to dig into the wall at all. I did have to drill new holes in the top of the cabinet for power cord and mounting screws but they have a template that makes it easy. The Samsung oven is light years ahead of the High Pointe. Cooked salmon fillets using the speed cook feature and they were done in 15 minutes (no preheat) and came out perfect. It is not cheap but when it is your only oven (do not have propane oven) it can just about do everything.

samsung microwave.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I installed the Samsung MC17F808KDT Over-The-Range Convection Microwave. Yes I used the same wall mount so I did not have to dig into the wall at all. I did have to drill new holes in the top of the cabinet for power cord and mounting screws but they have a template that makes it easy. The Samsung oven is light years ahead of the High Pointe. Cooked salmon fillets using the speed cook feature and they were done in 15 minutes (no preheat) and came out perfect. It is not cheap but when it is your only oven (do not have propane oven) it can just about do everything.

View attachment 39115
I just ordered one on Amazon this morning. THANKS .... I didn't want to tare up the back spash putting in a different unit. Glad you did the mod first and posted it here for all of us.
No we have the induction cook top. Not a fan but we're dealing with it. We just bought the new Henckel 10 piece pan set from BB&B with the flat bottoms to try out. We tried the T-Fal professional set and we're not happy, it took 7 to 8 minutes to boil water. Wish we had gas.!!!!!!