Tripping breaker on dinette slide

MIKEGELLO

Hi everyone
Anyone have any idea why I'd be tripping the slide out breaker on the in position only. What I've found is that if you keep holding switch and count to about 5 the slide stars again. It takes 2 or 3 breaker resets to come all the way in. Btw this a 2014 key largo.
Thanks mike

danemayer

Hi Mike,

Most likely you have a weak breaker. There's a row of 12V DC mini-circuit breakers near the battery. One feeds power to the hydraulic pump. It's a 50 amp auto-reset breaker. If it's weak, it'll trip while operating the hydraulics. Then after a few seconds it automatically resets, allowing the pump to continue. I've attached a picture of the breakers (not the same on every rig). On the bottom, there's a copper buss bar that passes power to all the breakers. You'll also see a thick red wire attached to the bottom of one breaker, with a matching thick wire above. That's the power from the battery to the Power Converter. The other thick wire on top is to the hydraulics pump.

It's also possible that a weak battery could cause the problem. As voltage drops, amp draw goes up. Corrosion or loose battery connections or pump connections could also be a cause. A bind in the slide mechanism could also cause the pump to draw more amps and trip the breaker. But the breaker is usually the problem. Costs $5-10 and takes 15 minutes to replace. Just make sure you get one with the same form factor so it fits in place of the original. Here's a link to one on Amazon. You can also usually find them at local auto or marine parts stores.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 13

MIKEGELLO

Great thanks. I only have a issue with the in position on the right slide. The left works fine. I seen the breakers your talking about. I was assuming that there's separate ones for each slide?? Thank you so much for your detailed and quick response!!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

More then likely the new beaker will solve your problem. However check all of you ground connections at the batteries and at the pump motor. The pump motors ground is probably the mounting bolts. The breaker is popping only on the IN position because it has more resistance then it does going out, which is somewhat normal. That is what's pushing the breaker to its tripping point. However you could still have something out of wack that needs to be adjusted or lubed.

Last edited: