Marks on floors from slides

MIKEGELLO

Hi again
Would any one know if marks left on the floors when slides are closed are normal? The ones on the kitchen floor are leaving some pretty good dents. Do slides need adjustments ?? Thanks for any advice
Mike

Lynn1130

No, it is not normal. I just had one of mine adjusted because it was beginning to leave marks. They can go out of adjustment.

asherwin

Interesting. I have the same dents on my kitchen slide and included that as one of my items to be looked at during this years Goshen rally. The service folks came by, took a look and said nothing could be done. They did leave me the slide-slickers but these were for the carpeted living area slide.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Interesting. I have the same dents on my kitchen slide and included that as one of my items to be looked at during this years Goshen rally. The service folks came by, took a look and said nothing could be done. They did leave me the slide-slickers but these were for the carpeted living area slide.

Hmmm. After working with it, they too told me the slide was adjusted as best it could be, and gave us the slickers. These Slickers have a rubber strip running their length on bottom, not the pointy things that hold in carpet.

MIKEGELLO

This is my third season out and the first year I noticed the marks. The bedroom slide is starting to push the carpet. Hopefully the dearer finds them way out of adjustment. From AC problems to slide room problems now. Starting to wonder why I bought a expensive trailer!!!

Lynn1130

I find it hard to believe that nothing can be done. Mine was out of adjustment upon delivery and was corrected by the dealer. It went out of adjustment very slightly after four years of use and was readjusted back to specs. It should not drag or leave marks. The people telling you nothing can be done need to look at it again.

meagle

I too am beginning to wonder if I bought an expensive "cheap" trailer. I have had nothing but problems with my Landmark Grand Canyon. I now have large deeps dents in my floor from the slide rollers. I could fill pages with the problems I have had and continue to have with this unit. I will call Heartland once again to try and get this latest issue dealt with.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how you would avoid dents in the floor from the rollers.
When you have several hundred pounds of weight bouncing up and down as you travel it's gonna happen.
Have you ever looked at the dents a residential refrigerator puts in vinyl floors in a sticks and bricks?
Although one suggestion was made for using the slide slickers.

Peace
Dave

meagle

The dent penetrate into the wood floor and not just the linoleum. I've had many RV's over the years and have not experienced this problem with any of the other units. They were just as large as this one. I will see what Heartland will do and try the slide slickers. I personally believe that it is a design problem and is under-engineered for the weight and size of the slide.

Ks.Kev

Where are the rollers located?
I have a the Northtrail 22FBS and I'm starting to see the marks on the carpet only.
Cant see anything YET on the linoleum!
Thanks in advance for any info.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Some indentation and marks on the carpet can not be avoided. The "ROLLERS" are doing just what they are designed to do and properly named "ROLL." They assist the slides on the way in and out thus rolling on the carpets and linoleum. Carpet marks can not be avoided unless the slide is designed to float which it is not. As for the linoleum, the marks are or should be only where the roller settles when the slides are in the "IN" position. If you see that the linoleum is cut or worn through in the travel path then the slide may need adjustment. We use the SLIDE SLICKERS and they eliminate any issues. Also can your slides be over weighted by stuff causing them to drag more than they should. However a call to Heartland followed by a trip to a good dealership and all should be corrected. Remember these are rolling earth quakes and I know for a fact that other brands, even higher end ones, have the same issues.

meagle

On my RV the rollers causing the problems are at the front of the slide. The trouble with mine is that it has created a dent in the wood under the linoleum. Even though it has been said it is due to the weight of the refrigerator and other appliances I would think that if Heartland put the appliances in the unit they would/should have engineered the system to handle the load.