Restringing Rear Day/Night Shade

jdfishing

The string on the rear shade broke and I can't find a diagram for restringing it. Mine has a spring attached to each end cap and everything I have found shows only ONE spring in the middle. Are there any step by step instructions available? I have fixed several of the smaller blinds before, but this one I'm not sure about. Guess I could just trade her in for a new rig. I ended up with this one because the kitchen faucet broke in the 3055. Naw, think I'll fix the blind, for now anyway. Thanks for any help.

Westwind

I just restrung a side window near the bath, only had one spring in the center of the plastic top support which goes side to side. It really wasn't difficult and I was able to use the same holes just restrung with the fishing line.
Do you have any labels on the shades themselves that gives you a model and manufacturer, I would then google it online and see what you can find.

dbbls59

Draw your own diagram as you disassemble the shade. This is how I learned how to repair them.

jdfishing

I finally found what I was looking for. Fixmyblinds.com has everything I need, including parts. They have diagrams for a variety of setups, including my two springs. Thanks for the tips.

pegmikef

I had to restring several in my North Trail and started using eighty pound test fishing line in place of the string. It was easier to thread and impervious to the sun rot that caused the original string to break and fray. Never had to do one twice!