Dodge 4X4 dually box height & clearance

beardedone

Beardedone
Hi.
I just joined the forum a few minutes ago. We are looking at either the Bighorn or Landmark fifth wheels but I have a question that must be answered first. I am buying a Dodge quad cab 1 ton 4X4 long box dually to tow our new trailer. I want to know if anyone else out there with a similar truck has any problems with safely clearing the box. The 1 ton is about 3 inches higher than my 2500, so I am concerned. I like about 5 or 6 inches between the box rail and the fifth wheel. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

timk

Welcome,
I'm sure you'll get lots of answers here. We have the same truck you do, I don't have it here to measure, but its 5 or 6 inches, but not any more. I do like to keep the rig level, and that makes it a bit closer. I did take the spacer blocks out of the truck, which lowered the truck bed an inch or so.
TimK

osims

bsims
I pull my Bighorn with a 07.5 Dodge 4x4 dually with no problem. There is about 6 or 7 inches of clearence, I did have to drop my reese hitch 1 bolt hole , but everything works perfect. Have been in some tight spots and unlevel ground with no problems.

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Welcome, we have a Dodge dually (2003) and pull our 3670 Bighorn with NO problems at all. We also have the Air Ride Pin box and if I'm not carful I forget the 5er is behind us.

Ron

Niles

We also pull with a 3500 and there is plenty of room between the bed rails and the camper. We have the B&W hitch set-up and it offers a lot of different settings, I believe it can be adjusted almost 3 or so inches up and down as well as from front to back. And the truck pulls the trailer like it's not even there.

Pulltab

Same here, 07.5 Quad cab 4x4. Have 6-7" clearance. So far no problems. You gotta remember the truck will set down probably 4" when you set the trailer on the back.