Saw this in an SOB this past weekend-pretty nice

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
While looking through some SOB's this past weekend I saw this and thought it was pretty cool how it is turned on a 45 degree angle, this makes it a bit easier to work in. What do the rest of you think?

20150808_112125.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mark, I don't know if it would actually be easier to use the mechanicals but the angle might give a little extra room in the basement.
Actually I have been looking to do something like that to my UDC.

Peace
Dave

dlw930

The only connection I have a problem with on the right side of my UDC is the coax cable connection. Since I'm right-handed, it's a bit awkward to get hooked up. It would seem the holding tank valves would be easier to operate when pulling/pushing with the wall directly opposite the door opening (as in most of our UDC's).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

My problem is that I keep 4 foot hose stubs, a cable stub for my tailgater and a CATV cable connected in the UDC so I need the extra room afforded me in my BH. It sure quickens hook ups and disconnecting especially when just over-nighting.

Garypowell

DLwf. See what pegmikef wrote. One last time hook a short piece of cable onto that jack which will make it easier from then on.

Besides this I use push on connectors so I am not threading anything. When they get old you might have to replace for good connectivity (like I am about to do) but the pigtails make the process so much easier.

pegmikef

Besides this I use push on connectors so I am not threading anything. When they get old you might have to replace for good connectivity (like I am about to do) but the pigtails make the process so much easier.

Me too. A good place to get replacement cables with push on connectors is thrift stores (e.g., Good Will, Salvation Army, Christians in Action, etc.). I always keep three or four spares on hand.

Miltp920

You might want to consider installing a short coax jumper that you could leave installed all the time and just connect up to your jumper coax. I leave my coax for satellite connected all the time or I would install a jumper. Sorry, did not see GaryPowell post with basically the same info.

The only connection I have a problem with on the right side of my UDC is the coax cable connection. Since I'm right-handed, it's a bit awkward to get hooked up. It would seem the holding tank valves would be easier to operate when pulling/pushing with the wall directly opposite the door opening (as in most of our UDC's).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I think that angle would give you a better position to tighten/untighten hoses and cables. Might make it tricky to install any kind of distribution manifold in it, though.