ATF: Landmark - Landmark 365 HOME PACKAGE, TRAVELERS PACKAGE, FULL TIMERS PACKAGE

JimandSina

Whats is the difference in the HOME PACKAGE, TRAVELERS PACKAGE, and, FULL TIMERS PACKAGE, and, what does each include?

The Landmark 365 Website is full of mumbo-jumbo

danemayer

Hi JimandSina,

The package contents are listed on the right-hand side of the MSRP sheet at this link. I beleive these are all "forced options" that are included on every Landmark 365.

avvidclif

Hi JimandSina,

The package contents are listed on the right-hand side of the MSRP sheet at this link. I beleive these are all "forced options" that are included on every Landmark 365.

Just a thought but if they are "Forced Options" then they are not optional and should be listed as standard equipment. Sheesh what marketing school did some of these people go to? 3Stooges School of Marketing?

danemayer

Just a thought but if they are "Forced Options" then they are not optional and should be listed as standard equipment. Sheesh what marketing school did some of these people go to? 3Stooges School of Marketing?

Clif,

Heartland seems to be having a measure of success in the marketplace. Perhaps there's a reason or two for this practice that's just not obvious.

For example, if another company wanted to reach a re-marketing or private label agreement with Heartland, it would be easy to restructure the offering to suit the 3rd party and maintain a differentiation in the marketplace.

There's also an industry practice where prices are advertised "starting at..." If Heartland didn't do the same thing as the competition, their prices might stand out as much higher than the competitor prices.

Heartland hasn't shared any of their reasoning with me. But when I see things like this, I often find myself wondering why a particular practice has been instituted. Sometimes I can imagine possible reasons that seem to make sense. Sometimes not.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Clif,

Heartland seems to be having a measure of success in the marketplace. Perhaps there's a reason or two for this practice that's just not obvious.

For example, if another company wanted to reach a re-marketing or private label agreement with Heartland, it would be easy to restructure the offering to suit the 3rd party and maintain a differentiation in the marketplace.

There's also an industry practice where prices are advertised "starting at..." If Heartland didn't do the same thing as the competition, their prices might stand out as much higher than the competitor prices.

Heartland hasn't shared any of their reasoning with me. But when I see things like this, I often find myself wondering why a particular practice has been instituted. Sometimes I can imagine possible reasons that seem to make sense. Sometimes not.

I'd agree that "starting at" price might be a sales point. With the options that are desirable are forced, that means HL thinks you need these, and they're not really "options" in their eyes, but for comparison with the competition, maybe it's stated this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Heartland sells RVs to dealers. The dealer order form shows certain items and packages as "Forced" - meaning the dealer has no choice on said item or package.

Long ago, I was able to get Heartland to release these "dealer" order forms to me for the forum but with MSRP pricing. While I agree that seeing "FORCED OPTION" on a retail price sheet is not very customer friendly language, it's a small item to get used to, compared to having access to the order sheets at all.

Sorry for any offense it gives anyone and I do understand and agree. But this is as good as I can get for retail.

avvidclif

You can defend their practices until a hot place freezes over but a "forced" option is not an option.

buddyboy

Changing the words "forced options" to "also included with this package" can clarify the whole situation in my opinion.

Martha

RRT

Jim,

When do you anticipate receiving and uploading an updated MSRP sheet for the LM 365 with the new floor plans and options.

Randy

ksucats

Pure speculation on my part but I believe it has to do with product differentiation. What is the difference between a Big Horn and LM 365. To me the basic coach is much the same so it is the options that make up most of the difference. So, if you want a coach called a Landmark 365 you have to get certain additional 'options'. If you don't then Heartland has the option to 'sell' you an 'upgraded' Big Horn. Again, just speculation but it appears to be the way trucks are done as well. Order a Ford XL package, add all the goodies that come in a Lariat and you stii have an XL. Order a Lariet and try to delete some items and your told no way, those are mandatory options. :confused:

buddyboy

Think it would be a good clarification - nothing gets many people angrier than having something "forced" on them, no matter the benefit.