Water overflowing fresh tank

farside291

This happened last year and I trouble-shot the pump/Anderson valve. As noted here on this forum it was the backflow preventer in the water pump. I verified this by turning on the city water and tapping the head of the water pump and the water stop flowing out of the pump line going to the fresh tank. I took the unit to Explore USA in Fort Worth and told the Service Writer what I had found. I guess they trouble shot something different and they (the Techs) changed the Anderson valve. Well I have had the unit out for 3 weeks and I now have water flowing out the overflows again. Called Explore USA to see if they could get me a pump if I drove back to Fort Worth and was told to call Heartland, so I did. Spoke to Don McWilliams at Heartland and he said he should be able to send me a new pump in the mail. Cool, that was way easy. I am about 200 miles from Fort Worth on business living in the RV and didn't feel like driving to Fort Worth. Hopefully it won't take too long for the pump to arrive. Kind of a pain having to keep filling the fresh tank and running everything off the water pump.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Question 1) What is The best pump money can buy ?
Question 2) What pump comes in the Landmark 365 ?

- - - Updated - - -

This happened last year and I trouble-shot the pump/Anderson valve. As noted here on this forum it was the backflow preventer in the water pump. I verified this by turning on the city water and tapping the head of the water pump and the water stop flowing out of the pump line going to the fresh tank. I took the unit to Explore USA in Fort Worth and told the Service Writer what I had found. I guess they trouble shot something different and they (the Techs) changed the Anderson valve. Well I have had the unit out for 3 weeks and I now have water flowing out the overflows again. Called Explore USA to see if they could get me a pump if I drove back to Fort Worth and was told to call Heartland, so I did. Spoke to Don McWilliams at Heartland and he said he should be able to send me a new pump in the mail. Cool, that was way easy. I am about 200 miles from Fort Worth on business living in the RV and didn't feel like driving to Fort Worth. Hopefully it won't take too long for the pump to arrive. Kind of a pain having to keep filling the fresh tank and running everything off the water pump.
You could slip in a manual gate valve in the line going to the tank / more like the line coming from the tank, If its going to be a while before the pump gets there. Or find a inline one-way check valve to put in the line.

farside291

According to Shurflo, the Revolution 4008. Checked when I got home and that's what's in mine with an inline strainer. I tapped on the head with a screwdriver and the water stopped flowing out the input side of the pump. Fixed it!! Not so fast, got up this morning with water on the ground everywhere running down the street. If I continue to have the same problem with the new pump I will change brands and probably go with a Flojet VSD. Its a variable speed, its quiet, doesn't cycle and no need for an accumulator tank. It's almost $300 but worth it if you run off the fresh tank a lot. I had one in my other unit and chose to leave it when I traded it in, should've took the wife's advise and removed it and installed the old pump back in. Oh well, at least the new owners have a nice pump. I do have a one-way check valve I bought with the intention of installing it in the input side of the pump to stop the back flow but I'm not sure how to plumb it in. I have never messed with those type of lines and I don't have the special tool to re-crimp if I cut out a portion to install the inline valve. I'll just keep the water turned off and the tank full and run off the pump until the new pump arrives. Now that I have time to think about it, the end of the pump that goes to the fresh tank has regular white plastic water line coming from the Anderson valve, I will plumb that one-way check valve in-line when I get back to the RV tonight.

Last edited:

farside291

I received my new pump from Heartland with a paid return sticker, 5 days, excellent. I'll install it this weekend. Thanks to Heartland for Great customer service.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We put the Flojet VSD in our NorthTrail, And loved it. We traded for the ElkRidge, and after the first trip (had to use pump), we switched out the pump to the Flojet VSD. Still have the factory pump in case it ever goes out. (Knock on wood, it's 5 yrs old, still works great.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This is what we have in the 2015 Landmark 365 from the factory, and it seems to work real good. So is there something better ?
a7a44fc457fe83111b509df9c0ea0449.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk