Suggestions for a back up camera

natasha

I am currently using a Garmin GPS, Since it does not have a back up camera feature, i have to get a back up camera or switch to a GPS with back up camera feature.

Do you guys know any reliable online supplier?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Natasha

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
I am currently using a Garmin GPS, Since it does not have a back up camera feature, i have to get a back up camera or switch to a GPS with back up camera feature.

Do you guys know any reliable online supplier?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Natasha

Got the Garmin 760 RV GPS with backup camera. Works great. Bought through Amazon. Here is the link .

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
The link says "Professional Installation recommended". (To which many on this forum I'm sure would say "garbage").

Is there a thread on the forum for mounting the backup camera?

jbeletti

The link says "Professional Installation recommended". (To which many on this forum I'm sure would say "garbage").

Is there a thread on the forum for mounting the backup camera?

Bob - there are many backup camera installation threads on this forum dating from years ago through present. I can say that even with wireless cameras mounted on the rear of the RV, DC power is still required and that's not wireless. Some have chosen to tap into the marker light circuit in the rear cap. By doing so, no separate DC power line needs to be run and the camera gets turned off each time the running lights circuit is turned off.

For those who choose to run their own DC power wire, the typically fish a line from near the center marker light at the top of the rear cap, over to the corner marker light, then down to the tail light, then into the underbelly and up to the front of the coach. They typically use the same path for the A/V output if not a wireless camera.

jbeletti

Thread moved to Backup Camera sub-forum under Tow Vehicles. OP notified. Later, we may rename this sub-forum and pull it out of Tow Vehicles and make it a catch-all for Backup cameras, be they on the RV or the tow vehicle.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Bob - there are many backup camera installation threads on this forum dating from years ago through present.

Thanks, Jim. Drilling holes and running wires makes me uber nervous.

Connie flat out needs sedated.

I'll look for some of those threads and see how comfortable I feel. Possibility exists I might have to go solo from Ohio to Vegas next year. Really, would like to have a backup camera installed by then.