2008 Fall Rally in Frankenmuth, MI - Sept. 18-21

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
HI everyone, thinking of a Sep rally to Frankenmuth,Jellystone Park in Sep. date to be announced later any suggestions or ideas and I would be greatful. The Michigan Chapter, TRAVERER07

TRAVELER07

Hi everyone,

Want to let everyone know that the Michigan Chapter of the Heartland Owners Rally is all set as follows:

Date: Sept. 18-21,2008
CG: Jellystone Park - Ph. # 989-652-6668 - Website
Google Map: Link
Site Fee: $TBD
Notes: I was informed that this is the weekend of their Octoberfest so the campground fills fast. Please make your reservations directly with the CG and do so early and let them know you're with the Heartland Owners Group so we can park together. After you make your CG reservations, please drop me a PM or post a reply in this thread that you are confirmed so I can add you to the attendee list below.

Hope to see you there! Thank you.

TRAVELER07 (Rick)
Michigan Chapter Leader

Attendee list:
1. Rick and Blanca Jagiello [TRAVELER07]
2. Jim Beletti [Jim Beletti]
3. Ken and Kathy Strong [katkens]
4. Jon and Patti Holbert [jnphobe]
5. Mike and Machelle [mike3fan]
6. Wayne and Gayle Wilson [wfwilson]
7. Larry and Joann McCullen [jolar3329]
8. Dave and Mary Hromek [cookie]
9.Chuck and Saundra Batcke [cdbMidland]
10.Russ and Bonnie Eicho [Russbonbon]

Rick has given us a link to a coupon sheet that has a discount coupon that appears to be usable at the Frankenmuth Jellystone CG.

(click image to download a PDF version of the coupon sheet - then print it out)

Last edited by a moderator:

quandee

Rally

Hi,
I will be in Midland, MI that weekend at a Hot Air Balloonfest. It is held every year that weekend so maybe in 2009 u can have the rally there. They a a fairgronds there that would be nice for a rally..
Also, I hope all you Michiganders come to the Michiana Rally the 2nd week of October in Elkhart!

Paul None

TRAVELER07

Hello all, We will staying at Jellystone park the weekend of Sep 18-21 2008 REMEMBER, if plan to attend MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY as there is a Oct festival at that weekend! [TRAVELER07]

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
We are undecided at this time as my wife's sister and her sister's husband will be staying with us for several days and they would like to go to Petosky with us for a week. We will probably not decide for a couple of months yet.

BTW, should Jellystone Park fill up, there is a nice RV park between Frankenmuth and Birch Run (Pine Ridge) that we have stayed at before. Not all the amenities of the one in Frankenmuth, but a whole lot cheaper.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Rick & Jim
Kindly sign us up for the Mich Rally in Frankenmuth. We will only be attending 2 night Arriving on Friday and Leaving on Sunday.
Regards
Wayne & Gayle

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Frankenmuth..... Small world.... Grew up and graduated school there.

Practice your German, get some Brats for the grill from Willy's Meat market, grab a cold one at the Steinhaus and have a great time. Tons to do in that town for tourist.

TRAVELER07

Hi there, If any one comming to the Mich chapter rally at Frankenmuth Mich is interested in buying a rally tshirt email me to let me know ,if I have enough orders I will have them made up and order will have more info on the price, style, and color if there is enough intrest.

jnbhobe

Hey Rick Patti and I will see you in Frankenmuth on the 17th. We will leave on the 22nd. talk to you soon;););)

mike3fan

did a drive by today,can't really say they were any more helpful in person than they were on the phone:confused:.

I did find what "area" we were in,although she wouldn't say if we were altogether or not and she wouldn't even tell me what site I was on just a general area.The campground is defintely nice and in close proximity to downtown.

I took some pictures hope this helps.If anyone would like I can put up directions,but it is really easy to get to right off the main drag.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

someone gettting a headstart?

DSC_0006.jpg

TRAVELER07

Hi Mike , thank you for doing this for me I O U buddy ,it puzzles me why the secret on sites location again Thank You Mike TRAVELER07

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
We are undecided at this time as my wife's sister and her sister's husband will be staying with us for several days and they would like to go to Petosky with us for a week. We will probably not decide for a couple of months yet.

Plans for my wife's sister's visit are firming up and I might be free for at least some of the rally days. Is there any kind of tentative agenda as yet?

jimtoo

With Rick ,,, It's Eat,,, Eat,,, and more Eat. But you will have fun and meet lots of good people. But you might want to check with Rick on the eating part to be sure.
He does make good blue berry pancakes.. just don't let him use to many blueberries.

TRAVELER07

Hi Chuck, There is no real scheduled agenda sit around and visit ,check out the Oct fest ,Katkens wants to go to Zhenders and Bronners and mabe a breakfast at Tonys for whoever wants to go,campfire night, potluck dinner and I'll make a blueberry pancake breakfast ,laid back and visit weekend. We may see if anyone want's to go to Mackinaw for a night or two after the rally TRAVELER07[Rick]

Last edited: