Sending a THANK YOU for the user guides.

GETnBYE

To the person or persons that wrote the Heartland User Guides, thank you so much.

I Just happened to print out a couple of the guides and took them with us on our trip to pick up our new Bighorn. I was concerned about the res. refridgerator and sure enough, we had a little hiccup.

It was just a small hiccup only because of the printed info I had with me, did a quick read thru the troubleshooting, a quick stop to hit a reset button that we knew where to find thanks to the guide. And back on the road again!

We had not be able to get the water heater to work on electric also, so as soon as we got home, back to the guides I went. Another easy fix.

Wow, what a great asset we have with these guides! Thanks for the time and effort that went into them.

buddyboy

They've been great resources - especially when you're in the middle of nowhere and trying to make something work without having to call in reinforcements. Thanks to all the contributors and to all those who keep them updated.

dlw930

I print the applicable guides and keep them in a 3-ring binder in the coach so I can use them on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I'll jump in here and say thank you too. Content has been submitted by a few Heartlanders. Thank you to all who have helped. Big shout out to the main contributor and editor of them all - Dan Mayer. Thanks Dan!

I'm sure Dan could use even more help. Feel free to reach out to him on the forum (danemayer).

'Lil Guy'

Is this found under the tools bar? Thanks in advance. Sorry, I just found it. Who's the first to publish this and sell it. I'll take one.
And a thanks for effort and time allocated to put this together. Great forum.
Thanks again Dan and anyone else who might have contributed like other members of this site.

GETnBYE

Is this found under the tools bar? Thanks in advance. Sorry, I just found it. Who's the first to publish this and sell it. I'll take one.
And a thanks for effort and time allocated to put this together. Great forum.
Thanks again Dan and anyone else who might have contributed like other members of this site.
I agree with the printing. Perhaps some company like the ones that print the cook books for church groups. I will be waiting to get a copy also.

danemayer

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks.

Keeping printed copies is pretty handy. I still prefer paper to on-screen formatting. But one thing to be aware of is that from time to time errors are found and corrected. The filenames of the guides reflect the version number. For example, the current Water Heater Troubleshooting Guide is V1.3 because some corrections and other updates were made over the past couple of years.

If you do have a printed copy, you might periodically compare the version numbers to what's online. The last page of each guide has a change history, so you could easily pencil in most changes to your printed copy to keep up to date.

Westwind

It's good to have some hard copy to read in case your in a spot that the WiFi is slow or not working.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Having things in print is expensive... Evidence, all the newspapers going out of business! How do I know? In the graphic design/advertising/prepress/printing business for 23 years.

dlw930

Compared to what I've spent maintaining and using my 2 Heartland products, the cost of printing user guides is the least of my concerns. I also download them to a wallet-size USB hard drive that I can plug into a laptop or access on my iPad mini via wi-fi if necessary.