Slow Connection

jonesj2

I have been having a awful time connecting to this site for the past few days. It is really begining to feel like I am using a dial-up connection. Is anyone else having this problem? :D

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
At times I have a problem but right now it seems to be alright. They have been having trouble with the new host and it is being worked on. At times it has been so slow for me that I would just cancel and come back later when it is better.

Don

jbeletti

We've been holding off on sending the all clear. But it "appears" that we are nearly through the roughest patch with our new host.

It's a long explanation as to what the problem was and the cause and I will not even try to explain it here as it is super technical and no fault of our own. We just rolled into a new host at a time where they were having HUGE issues with a particular server cluster.

I have noticed a large improvement most of this week. Has anyone noticed a huge gain in performance or are most still experiencing long delays?

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It seems better today than the last few days. A few days ago it seems like it would take several minutes for a page to load. Today, a few seconds.

jonesj2

:mad:This is getting very frustrating to say the least. I keep hearing their host and the updates are the problem, I think they should be looking for another host if this continues. I still come to the site frequently, but it is getting old.:mad:

rvv

Although I access this site at different time periods during the day, I can't say that I've ever experienced unusually slow speeds. But, apparently some members do. I'm sure, from the overall tone of the site and its moderators, that no one more than they want acceptable speeds and service. If the site is slow, I'm sure they appreciate being informed of that. But, it is, after all, a FREE site. Why the aggressive tone in some posts? Chill a bit. Please. :)

jbeletti

Hi Jim and Susie,

Sorry about the frustration you are experiencing. We're all in the same boat on this one.

I have moved hosts twice this year already and the move to the current host was the bandwidth and server space they offer. That said, it's not worth having all that and have poor performance. But poor performance is not what this host is about. they have had a run of bad breaks on the server cluster they put us on and they continue to work it out with their equipment providers.

For now, my plan is to stick it out with them. If however, it appears that they will be unable to resolve the performance issues or move us to a better performing cluster - then we will move for sure.

Please hang in there with us.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Hadn't been on the Forum for the past couple of weeks, but got on last night - gosh - 1091 unread posts. Last night was terrific - moved right along. However, today it's back to its slow speed.:(

Tom of Ypsi

My connection was also very slow this morning. I think the problem was Internet Explorer though. I had problems with Escapees, my e-mail and various other sites. Tonight everything is wonderful.