Mattress too soft for my old "farmer's back"

Buckeye

The mattress in our RV is only a few years old but has become too soft for my old farmer's back. Will a mattress topper or pad firm it up? If so, what kind would you recommend?

jimtoo

Our mattress was about 5-6 years old and it seems just suddenly went bad, got very uncomfortable, sagging where we were laying.

I don't think a pad or topper will do much good, at least it did not help us. I purchased one from Lasting Impressions on the recommendation from some others and we really like it. We got the 10" and it is nice and firm, yet very comfortable.

Jim M

Westwind

Check the particle board under the mattress also, some folks have had to beef things up with real plywood to get the sag out of the platform for the bed. That's on the list of thinks to check in my trailer because I'm in the same boat you are. I feel like I'm going to roll out of bed.

dbbls59

If you like the mattress you sleep on at home, I would get one just like it for the RV. I would not fool with a pad.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If you like the mattress you sleep on at home, I would get one just like it for the RV. I would not fool with a pad.

That's what we did. Threw the foam one out and replaced it with a Sealy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rxbristol

We just purchased a Brentwood from Amazon . I looked at the Lasting Impressions, but I tried to call them on 5 different occasions, left a message and emailed them, but they did not respond so I went looking else where. I think the Brentwood will be a better mattress anyway. They come in RV sizes, different thicknesses, great reviews, and lighter in weight than most foam mattresses.

WBG

WBGavin
The mattress in our 2014 BH 3570RS failed (too soft and a "Hole" where we slept) after only 4-6 weeks of use. A temporary fix was to place a large "King Bed" pillow UNDER the mattress where the hole was. Worked much better than placing something on top.
Eventually it had to be replaced. We got ours from a local foam mattress shop. Will see how it works out.