Bedroom Injury 3875FB

Georgia_Biker

We are loving our new Big Horn 3875FB! We picked up new on July 7th.

One of the bedroom features I enjoy is a little shelf below the windows next to the head of the bed. We both enjoy reading before sleep and now I have a place to lay my Kindle and glasses.

Well - early this morning I awoke to get up and when I raised up I caught the corner of my eye on the shelf and it was so severe it opened a 1/2" gash and now I have a "Shiner" - that's Black Eye to the uninformed.

Don't know what can be done, other than be careful, but just wanted to give a FYI to any owners with the same feature.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our 3670 has shelves like that, but we've not had that problem. You might be able to cut a piece of foam pipe insulation to fit onto the edge of your shelves to soften any future accidents. Might not be pretty, but a gash and a shiner probably look worse. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Georgia_Biker

The foam might be a thought if I can figure how to make it blend in - may just start sleeping with a crash helmet on-

happykraut

The foam might be a thought if I can figure how to make it blend in - may just start sleeping with a crash helmet on-
I certainly wouldn't worry about blending it in. Your eyes are far more important. What you might be able to do is take a piece of a swim noodle 6 or 7in long and cut a slot in it slightly smaller than the thickness of your shelf. When you get up in the morning put it under your pillow and slide it back on at bedtime. By the way I have the same shelf and just love it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My personal experience with head banging has been the center cabinet in the main slide and the pipe chase in the basement, inside the DS door. To prevent getting stabbed by the cabinet corners, I mounted those soft plastic corner protectors used for slide corners. Got the brown ones. Might look a little goofy, but those corners were lethal. As for the pipe chase, I wear a hat because scraping my bald head on it really hurts and leaves a mark. :(

C-Haert

My bride bumped her head twice this week on that small shelf next to the bed in our 3160EL.

I better get those bumpers on soon or I'll be camping alone...and I'll starve to death!

C-Haert. 😎

farside291

I thought about ordering 2 of those for our bedroom. We stick the cell phone or kindle in the bracket for the shade valence. Now maybe I will rethink the positioning of those shelves.