Cyclone 4200 winterization

Storm1972

Hello all, I was curious on the procedure to winterize our new 2016 cyclone 4200, I have done our old 3950 quite a few times so not completely lost on it. I cannot seem to find an access hose or valve to isolate the water pump to draw directly from antifreeze jugs , anyone point me I the right direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Storm1972,

I'm guessing you have the 4-way Anderson Valve at the water inlet. If that's the case, you just need a short hose to attach to the water inlet, with the other end in the antifreeze jug, and switch the Anderson Valve to Winterize/Sanitize.

If you have a washing machine, or just want a refresh on winterizing, you'll want to take a look at our owner-written Winterizing Guide.

If you have a Residential Refrigerator, you'll want to review the winterizing procedure in our Residential Refrigerator Guide.

Storm1972

I do have the 4 way Anderson valve on the 4200, however it's labeled as city, tank, normal, and sanitize I'm guessing just a regular short hose hooked into the city inlet and tune the dial to sanitize ? The other question that poses to me what is the normal position for when there is city , tank, and winterize ?

Storm1972

Thanks for your input above, when looking at the Anderson 4 way at first I didn't even see the writing winterization on it, tiny letters

danemayer

I do have the 4 way Anderson valve on the 4200, however it's labeled as city, tank, normal, and sanitize I'm guessing just a regular short hose hooked into the city inlet and tune the dial to sanitize ? The other question that poses to me what is the normal position for when there is city , tank, and winterize ?

Normal is for when you want to pump water out of the fresh tank.
Tank is for when you want to fill the fresh tank.
City is for running off city water from a faucet
Winterize/Sanitize is for directing antifreeze or cleaner to the pump to feed it through the pex lines and to the faucets.

Make sure you turn the dial back to City when finished. If you leave it on Winterize and hook back up to city water, the water pressure on the input side of the pump may get you an unintended fill of the fresh tank.