RZR XP4 1000 in Cyclone 4000

alex00

I bought the Cyclone 4000 and had no intentions of getting a side by side. As things change I decided to get a RZR and wanted a 4 seater. The 4 seat 1000 specs out at 12'2" while my garage is 11'6".

My 4000 has the sliding glass door offset to the door side. The door and glass panel come off with 9 screws. Once out the opening is wide enough to poke the rear end of the RZR into the living space.

The door side three season wall is held on with 7 screws and easily slides out. I need it and the patio railing out of the way since they eat up about 6" of garage.

It sounds like a lot but it takes less than 5 minutes to remove all the doors, wall and railing.

I modified a 1000 lb dolly to slide under the RZR. By pure luck it slides in tight with the wheels still on. I lock the dolly in place and remove the rear wheels. I put the RZR in 4WD and back into the trailer.

It's not ideal but it works. Had I owned the RZR first I may have looked for a different floor plan. But even the 12 foot garage is too short. I thought about stretching my garage but I'd still have to remove my three season wall and railing each time. Another option I explored was making smaller wheels to mount in place of the rear wheels, but it was difficult to find the right size wheel with a small enough tire.

I wouldn't want to do this for a day trip but for a few days it's not horrible.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765668.985116.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765681.582037.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765694.936634.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765708.725113.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miltp920

VERY Creative! We rented a RAZOR 1000 at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan. WOW, was that fun. That is a GREAT toy you have there.

scottyb

Hey Alex. That is one great looking RAZOR. Pretty ingenious way to make your space work. When I bought the 4100 with 12" garage, I was truly stumped that it only had 11' 0" clear space on the inside (3 season doors). Luckily my Mule was only 10' 10". I had one whole inch to spare front and back, but it worked for 17K mi. I am now in the market for a 50" RAZOR to fit in the bed on my F150 CC.

alex00

I was torn shopping. I looked at the teryx because it had 4 seats and was short enough. But I kept getting drawn back to the RZR. I'm just glad it works. You should have seen me with a tape measure and a straight edge at the dealer trying every imaginable way to visualize it fitting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk