mom and pop doors

slawman

I just bought my first camper a 2016 Prowler 285Lx and was wondering how hard it might be to remove the sliding doors into the bedroom. We want to mountnt a small tv on the wall and maybe a shelf for a fan.Thanks in advance.

jimtoo

Hi slawman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some suggestions from some of our other members soon. I don't think the sliding doors are hard to remove, but I have not done it myself. So will let the experts give you some help.

Enjoy the forum and join us at a rally when you can.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your pocket door should be the standard rail type.
Look at the top of the door and you should see some rollers. Somewhere in that assembly you will see a little latch. It may be plastic or it may be metal.
Unlatch it and the door should come off the roller assembly.
Take a look at this picture, you will see the little latch.

100pdicon600.jpg

Peace
Dave

slawman

thanks so much for the help Cookie, i left it at the dealership for a few add ons but will be taking the doors down this weekend. The picture you provided really helps out:).

Jimtoo i was hoping to find a forum like this since im a new owner. I look forward to meeting and chatting with others that own a Heartland RV. I'll try and make a rally soon, thanks again for the warm welcome.