Additional Awnings for Windows (moved from Heartland General)

We love our Cyclone but they put us in a place that putting up our awning just doesn't help with the hot Texas sun. Since our Cyclone only has the awning at the front of the RV, we don't have any shade over our main dinette window or the window on the other side where the couch is. I put up curtains but would love to just pull out a smaller awning instead for some shade. I've seen them on other units around but wondered if anyone knew where to get some and how they are installed? Should we have an RV repair place install them or can we do it without hurting the integrity of the unit causing water issues from rain?

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We love our Cyclone but they put us in a place that putting up our awning just doesn't help with the hot Texas sun. Since our Cyclone only has the awning at the front of the RV, we don't have any shade over our main dinette window or the window on the other side where the couch is. I put up curtains but would love to just pull out a smaller awning instead for some shade. I've seen them on other units around but wondered if anyone knew where to get some and how they are installed? Should we have an RV repair place install them or can we do it without hurting the integrity of the unit causing water issues from rain?

Camping world has them and can do the job of installation. Let them do the work...then you can take it back and make them fix it...instead of trying to do it yourself. I speak from experience. My Airstream had awnings on all windows...and except for the main awning...I did all the work myself...alone...and while I had a great sense of satisfaction...for $100 I could have been inside touring...or drinking coffee.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
On our large slide I installed a single awning over both windows. A single long one was cheaper than 2 smaller ones for each window. I plan on installing one over the small slide that houses the desk/tv. The install is very easy to do. About an hour if you have the tools. The directions are very clear. I bought stainless screws to attach the awning rail and the rivets for the arms are included. You'll need a 3/16 rivet gun.