My $40 LED light conversion

dougw

So I bought 20 led light panels to change the bulk of the lights in my cyclone. I changed the ones I use the most. I probably could use another 10. I decided to use "white" color led's intead of the warm color. I changed the 2 bulbs in the dining room light as well as the one in the over the stove vent. Those used the "t10" adapters. The rest used the 1141 / 1156 adapter. The are definitely brighter then the originals. Each one also has double sided tape on the back. Here is what I ordered from ebay. I received them in about 4 days.

10 X white Samsung 5630 24SMD LED Interior Car RV Light Panel+T10 W5W 1156

Here is the color and brightness diffrences.
20150817_181830.jpg

The replaced lights.
20150817_181906.jpg

Here is what came in the package times 20.
20150817_181941.jpg

Once monted. There is room for the 48 led panels but so from I'm not thinking I'm going to need them.
20150817_182058.jpg

I decided to mount the fan one outside the cover. This one could be larger but is way better then the stock one.
20150817_182259.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I think you will find the LED lights put out less heat (helps to keep the coach cooler) and uses less energy.

TxCowboy

Did something similar with my older model 2011 Greystone. I had previously installed 10 LED bulbs, replacing the 1156 series bulbs, into several different pancake lights in the rig. I wanted to see how I felt about the color and brightness of the LED bulbs before spending more money on them.

We've had the first 10 LEDs in the rig for about a month and love 'em! We ordered 10 more and installed those this past weekend. Another 10 LEDs should finish off what I need to do in this current rig and those will be ordered later this week.

Someone mentioned earlier that LEDs save power and I would agree. The bathroom's exhaust fan would noticeable slow when I turned on one or both of the pancake lights with the old bulbs. I can now run all four LED bulbs in the two pancake lights and the fan never loses power or slows down.

dougw

While this upgrade for me falls into the "you get what you pay for" I figured for $40 I would give it a shot. So far every thing is good but time will tell. The t-10 adapters are a bit on the flimsy side but do work. I checked the lights out last night in the dark and things in the trailer are definitely brighter and whiter. We do a lot of dry camping so power is worth saving.

This is the company I purchased from "autosaver88", but I believe this place sells under other names as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291177489517?item=291177489517&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Your on your own. I had good luck so far wit 2 orders. Since they had free shipping I purchased one set to try, then bought the second set. That and it let me see if I liked the color.