installing carpet tiles - suggestions?

twohappycampers

We're reflooring all our floors including slides with carpet tiles (except bathroom). Typically, the prep work is a bigger job than I think the laying of the tiles will be, but we'll see. We're part way finished removing the old carpet and even the chipboard subfloor looks better than what the carpet did. We've chosen Costco's commercial carpet tiles from just a small photo sample online, so sure hope I like it when it gets here. Does anyone here have any little tips for us to maybe make the job easier and end up looking nicer? Thanks if you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

GOTTOYS

Can't imagine how you will hold them in place when moving the slides in and out over the top of them. I would get a price from a professional carpet layer and have new carpet installed the conventional way...JMHO...Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try and determine how the original carpet is held down where the slides ride on it and mimic that. But I tend to think that when the slides come in over carpet that they are supported over it by the rollers mounted to the main floor and don't ride directly on it. Exception is the kitchen slide rolling directly on the lino, with the rollers mounted to the bottom of the slide.

twohappycampers

Thanks for your suggestions so far. We're going with the carpet tiles - will let you know how everything turns out - a bigger job than originally thought - of course! :) Cheers, Lorna