Hauling spyder 4200

jtbara

Hello, we purchased a can am spyder rt. Found some past threads that said it should fit in 4200Anyone had any experince with it in 4200. looks a little close due to rear bath. Thanks to all on this forum has been great help. Been pulling 4200 just over a year so far so good! Happy camping.

Just loaded my new-to-me Can-Am Spyder RT into back of Torque 325. Plenty of room in 10' garage. Getting frunk up on ramp is problem. Used set of 3' 2x10's with 1' 2x10's on top as pre-ramps to get front up in air. Once front wheels were on ramp it was an easy drive in. I had set a pair of rubber wheel chucks in place to keep me from entering slider door next.
Good luck, have a spotter to watch clearances, and enjoy.

jtbara

Good idea on pre ramps. Salesman did caution to be careful depending on angle of ramp. Won't get bike home until next week may consider backing in because of rear bath? Going to be interesting!

Tombstonejim

If you are a long time bike rider that spyder will scare the pee out of yo until you get used to it. Here is mine.

Attachments

• bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 40

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
You will be fine hauling the Spider in the back of the 4200. Looking at the specs it is 61.9" wide and 105" long. It will easily work backing into the garage, and you should have no issues pulling forward as well. Even if you want to pull all the way forward to the door there is enough width between the garage bathroom wall and the outside wall to fit. The height the sink is mounted in the garage tire will go right underneath.

oscar

About 900 lbs

The ramp is rated for 2000, I think, the garage for 3000, so that's OK. What you have to keep a close eye on is your CCC. Take the weight as is off the yellow sticker on the left front, add the 900, then any water/waste (8.4 pounds per gallon) and beer and beans and make sure you stay close to your GVWR.