09 Landmark TV wiring diagram

Benford

No TV wiring diagram came with my new (this week ) 09 Landmark. There are 2 inputs (for dual LNB's) there is however only 1 satellite connection @ the main TV.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Benford,
Sorry no one has answered your question.

I have a sneeky suspicion that you have a Dish Network receiver that utilizes (2) tuners and supports (2) TVs. If this is the scenario then you will need to add some additional wiring to make that work. I did this in my previous Bighorn and ended up not using it. But if the new owner needs it, it is there ready to go.

I expect that others will eventually weigh in for you.

Good luck,
Mark

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
No TV wiring diagram came with my new (this week ) 09 Landmark. There are 2 inputs (for dual LNB's) there is however only 1 satellite connection @ the main TV.

You might want to restate your question so that it is a little more understandable. Where are you seeing 2 inputs for LNB's?

jimtoo

I don't know why some of the others have not given you an answer to your question yet. Some one that knows for sure anyway.

I think, not for sure now, but I believe that the two satellite connections on your panel are; one is to the front entertainment center so that you may hook up a satellite dish from a tripod. The other connector I believe is the cable that is installed and left coiled in the roof panel of the trailer where the dealerships would normally install a roof mounted dish. This way if you had a roof mounted dish you would just need a jumper between the two and the installer would not need to run cables all the way to entertainment center. Also if you were parked under trees, you could still use a tripod by just disconnecting one side of the jumper cable.

This is what was told to me about my Bighorn.

SmokeyBare

You only need one line coming from the Satellite dish.... even if there are two (2) LNB's.

You join the two lines with a splitter and then run the single line to the Satellite Connection in the Docking station.

Note the Picture attached... shows the two connections are labeled " OutPut" should be attached to the cables coming from the LNB's.

The single connection side is labeled "Input" and can be connected to the cable going to the Connection labeled Satellite in the Docking Station.

Attachments

• Splitter.jpg
    Splitter.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 33

Benford

WRONG:
Each LNB connects to an individual Direct TV satellite and they have to enter the satellite receiver separately.

jbeletti

Benford,

Thanks for your input.

The answer is likely more complex.

There are too many variables that we don't know (service provider, std def/hi def etc.).

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
There are two lnb's on most directv dishes now. You only use one output for one tv.
The other lnb output is for a second receiver/tv. This allows you to watch two different channels simultaneously from the same dish.

If you wanted to watch football on the entertainment center and your wife wanted to view the SOAP network in the bedroom then you would have to have the coax from the lnb to second separate receiver in the bedroom.

Unless you plan on running two receivers...you can consider the other lnb as a hot backup. They do go bad. While not too expensive, it's much easier to just move the coax to the other.

It's kind of like the old days of cable TV, you needed a converter box for every TV in your house if you wanted to watch cable. Each TV needs a receiver and lnb to work properly.

jpmorgan37

Benford;

I have not looked at the 09 Landmark, but on my 06, I have two satellite inputs in the UDC. The one on the left is from the coiled wire that is in the roof for a roof mounted satellite dish. The one on the right is for the input for a tripod mounted satellite dish. If you were to mount a dish on the roof, then you would use a jumper wire from the left to the right input in the UDC.

John

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
WRONG:
Each LNB connects to an individual Direct TV satellite and they have to enter the satellite receiver separately.

WRONG:

No, Benford it does not. What you are calling a LNB is in fact a device that has TWO lna's coupled thru a downconverter with a 70mhz IF output to the receiver. Hence, the name LNB (low noise blockconverter. Each device may point to a different satellite only if the dish is configured for multiple lnb's. Currently, I know of no mobile satellite dish that allows multiple satellite acquisition. You have to be on one bird or the other but, with the single block downconverter you cannot acquire multiple satellites.

The purpose of the second output lnb is allow the user to receive signals from the satellite in the opposite polarity. Again, this configuration allows you to receive two different satellite channels.

While there may be multiple LNB's in a multiple satellite configuration there is only one rg-6 required to run into the receiver. This is because the outputs are multiplexed together with device called a duplexer or diplexer. This output signal is then fed into a satellite receiver for further processing and eventual output to a TV.

And, as this is a RV related forum the responses you received from Smokey were based on the setup for an RV NOT for an implementation in a static configuration, IE house.

Last edited:

Jimmyt5

Dish has a receiver that has two built in tuners. This allows you to have one RG 6 cable input then you can feed the second TV in the bedroom, the bedroom then uses a UHF remote control. The receiver also has a built in DVR. I think it is model 625. I have this in my home.
The problem is if you use this receiver and it is not hooked to a land-line phone they charge you $5.

Jim

Benford

There is no such thing as a cable splitter that combines two inputs it is an impossibility one input can be split into many outputs but the reverse is impossible.

jbeletti

Hi Benford,

Sunny day here in TX - home you're enjoying the day where you are too.

Say, RF splitters can be used as a combiner/coupler. It is commonplace in the RF industry. In my now former career, when I was a headend technician, we used backwards splitters to combine RF channels. So long as they are different frequencies - all is good.

When combining many channels, we'd use a directional coupler and feed the channel to combine into the tap or down leg. You get better isolation using a directional coupler if you can afford the insertion loss.

In the case the Smokeybare laid out, if you have two LNBs where each downconvert to a different frequency band, you can combine them using a backwards RF splitter so long as the passband meets or exceeds the frequencies being combined.

Having fun in Texas...

linuxkidd

Most of the current spec satellites have multiple LNB's which are multiplexed across multiple ( usually 4 ) outputs...

In the case of DirecTV, the HD Dishes that are available now actually have 5 LNB's ( to acquire signal from 5 different satellite elevations ), but 4 outputs. Each output has signal from all 5 LNB's.

Again, in the case of DirecTV, the dual tuner DVR Boxes they have require 2 Feeds from the satellite... one for each tuner. Each tuner has full access to the signal from all 5 LNB's across it's own cable.

I've been told that Dish network Dual tuner boxes do NOT require 2 coax feeds, but I cannot confirm this from personal experience.

I believe that the '09 Landmarks have the same Cable wiring as is in my '08 Landmark. If this is indeed the case, I have written a fairly indepth article on providing 2 Sat feeds to both the Living room TV, and the Bedroom TV area. This way, you could use a dual tuner DVR device in both locations. You can find this article in the 'HOOT' ( LINK) This article assumes you will be using an external satellite dish, and NOT a roof mounted unit. If you go with a roof mounted unit, you will indeed need to run additional wires, but this can be done smartly and without much hassle.. ( ask me how if you need to ).

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about the article, or the Sat wiring in general.

Thanks,
LK

sealman

We have the Dish Network dual tuner in the bedroom and it only requires a single coax input..we use the #2 for the basement TV...The livingroom has a single tuner. Dish only uses 3LNB's
John

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Winegard's new automatic dish for direct tv and dish only has 3 lnb's. The 3d package has additional lnb for the Ka satellites. I need to read up on these to find out more about them...to me, a satellite is just a big mirror...you point at it...and bounce a signal back.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We have the Dish Network dual tuner in the bedroom and it only requires a single coax input..we use the #2 for the basement TV...The livingroom has a single tuner. Dish only uses 3LNB's
John

I bought that one new too...I've been looking for something like this for a long time...but, being chair bound, I've missed out on the new stuff. Kinda nice to be in the bedroom and watching TV from the bird...almost like a normal person.

Benford

Benford

An update:
How I solved the problem. My Direct tv receiver has a dual channel TIVO recorder, it allows you to record two channels simultaneously while watching a third channel, in order to do this you must have two Rg6 cables from the (2,3 or 4 LNB) dish to the receiver. I installed a new 2 connector face plate directly through the aft side of the entertainment center component cabinet and slide sidewall.

SmokeyBare

A photo can give a far better understanding than attempting to explain with a written reply.

Here is my Dish 500 system as I have it connected to our BigHorn.

The dish has two LNB that gets the signal from Satellite 110 and 119.

I have a cable going from each LNB to a single splitter that was provided by DishNetwork.

I have one cable attached to the docking station.

I have two cable attached to the DishNetwork receiver , one from the "AIR" antenna and the other is from the dish.

I have two working Satellites as shown in each photo of my signal strength page on my set up for the dish.

This set up works for me...

The original post was not a question... and as one other stated... it could have been restated with a little more information that may have helped...

Marv

Attachments

• IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    661.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2478.JPG
    IMG_2478.JPG
    397.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    364.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2480.JPG