Landmark Water Filter

I recently purchased a 2016 Landmark Newport. I am of course learning where everything is located and how it all works and two things are still eluding me. First the unit came with a spare water filter. I cannot find where there is a filter anywhere in the unit other than the fridge and it is different from that one. Can someone please tell me where the water filter is?
Second in the master bath there is a shelf built in to the wall and it recesses into the closet. There is a switch that activates a small light in the top of this shelf but it is so dim it can hardly be seen. Is this normal or could the bulb be bad? I am confused as to what it is for if it suppose to be that dim. Any help with these two questions is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

danemayer

Re: ATF: Landmark - water filter

Hi e_millergy,

The water filter canister is located near the water pump. You have to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage, near the Universal Docking Center (UDC). Many of us have modified the way that wall mounts to make it easier to remove and put back in place.

Here's a view of the filter, water heater and other components seen from the door side of the coach with the rear basement wall completely removed.
DSC04442.jpg

Hopefully someone will be familiar with the shelf light in the master bath.

Thanks for the reply Dan. I would never have looked there. Hope someone can tell me more about that shelf light too.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

The shelf light is only there for accent. It's not suppose to be bright. We use ours as a night light. Just enough light to illuminate the area when all other bathroom lights are turned off.

jb007

I have a switch in the bedroom in my 2015 Newport still haven't figured it out yet.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

On the water filter, now that you know where it is. Mine had a charcoal filter inside of it from the factory, and the 2 spare filters that came with it are a different type of filter not sure why.
575da5275d179ba51efc4eba0168de60.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jbeletti

On the water filter, now that you know where it is. Mine had a charcoal filter inside of it from the factory, and the 2 spare filters that came with it are a different type of filter not sure why.

Do you think your dealer may have provided and installed the charcoal filter?

klindgren

575da5275d179ba51efc4eba0168de60.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Interesting. I also have the two pack of filter replacements, but have not been able to get the filter off of the cap to check out what's inside. I'm afraid to twist too hard because the top doesn't seem to be mounted to the ceiling to well. Also, does anyone know how to remove the filter in the refrigerator? I haven't gone to the owners manual listing to read through the refer manual. Just thought I'd ask while I was thinking about it

danemayer

Interesting. I also have the two pack of filter replacements, but have not been able to get the filter off of the cap to check out what's inside. I'm afraid to twist too hard because the top doesn't seem to be mounted to the ceiling to well. Also, does anyone know how to remove the filter in the refrigerator? I haven't gone to the owners manual listing to read through the refer manual. Just thought I'd ask while I was thinking about it

Hi Keith,

It might vary by brand of residential refrigerator. I think on the Frigidaire it's a push to unlatch then pull it out.

jbeletti

...Second in the master bath there is a shelf built in to the wall and it recesses into the closet. There is a switch that activates a small light in the top of this shelf but it is so dim it can hardly be seen. Is this normal or could the bulb be bad? I am confused as to what it is for if it suppose to be that dim. Any help with these two questions is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Andy Wesdorp asked me to post this in reply to your question on the light:

The dim light in the bathroom shelf is meant to be just that, a small LED “eyeball” light that is meant more for a nightlight than a bright light. We have heard from folks that need to get up at night and use the bathroom, take pills, etc., that it provides enough light to see what’s on the shelf, aka their pill bottle.

klindgren

Hi Keith,

It might vary by brand of residential refrigerator. I think on the Frigidaire it's a push to unlatch then pull it out.

Thanks Dan. My refrigerator is telling me it's time to order a new filter and I needed to pull it out to find out what I need.

klindgren

Thanks Jim. That's exactly what I needed. Put my order in.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

If you're near a Lowe's, I believe they have them since they sell Frigidaire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slympicins

That pic of the PEX mess is crazy. How about taking a little more time to dress all that up? On our current sob I immediately removed the water filter and use an outside filter only. Did this to avoid the pia of removing the filter for winterizing and filter replacement. Much easier now and no worries about leakage.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Hi e_millergy,

The water filter canister is located near the water pump. You have to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage, near the Universal Docking Center (UDC). Many of us have modified the way that wall mounts to make it easier to remove and put back in place.

Here's a view of the filter, water heater and other components seen from the door side of the coach with the rear basement wall completely removed.
View attachment 39456

Dan, did you remove the entire basement wall? And, if so, what modification did you make to be able to reach the water filter without having to remove the wall time after time?

Slympicins

Jim I believe they are all needed but just wish they could route the water filter so the lines don't run along side or under it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk