Bedroom Shades

mrabideau

Hi all,
We have a 2014 Key Largo and all the bedroom windows have the night shades and no day shades.
Heartland told us that the bedrooms do not come with day shades.
Can any one tell me if this is true, we can't seem to get any answers as to why they are on the Big Horns, a step down from the Landmarks.
Thank you,
Mike and Debbie from Ohio.

MTPockets

Our Big Horn bedroom only came with night shades and everyone we've seen at RV shows had night shades only, at least the ones where I paid attention. We've never raised them anyway. PS, I don't consider our Big Horn a step down... We have everything a Landmark had in 2012. Just different length, floor plan.

mrabideau

Our Big Horn bedroom only came with night shades and everyone we've seen at RV shows had night shades only, at least the ones where I paid attention. We've never raised them anyway. PS, I don't consider our Big Horn a step down... We have everything a Landmark had in 2012. Just different length, floor plan.
My question was on the Landmark thread and as for the Big Horn being a step down from a Landmark I meant no disrespect to Big Horn owners, just stating a fact.
P.S. We put ours up on occasion.
Thank you.

danemayer

The General Manager for each product has a bit of freedom to make decisions about what features and capabilities he thinks are most important to his target customer market. But it seems like they have to keep to an overall cost target. So perhaps in this case the GM saved $3.00 in the bedroom and gave it back somewhere else with something he thought more useful.

Anyway, based on various feature differences I've seen, that would be my guess.

pegmikef

I took my BH to the MCD factory and had all the accordian day/night shades replaced with MCD's best quality day and night shades except for the bedroom little slide windows as my wife and I decided that the day shades would be functionless. We did have a day shade installed on the main bedroom window. Not installing the two small day shades actually saved $150 and as Dan said I did give it back to have the large rear window night shade motorized so I can control it with a remote control.

MTPockets

My question was on the Landmark thread and as for the Big Horn being a step down from a Landmark I meant no disrespect to Big Horn owners, just stating a fact.
P.S. We put ours up on occasion.
Thank you.
Not a fact in 2012 when we ordered our Big Horn.. The list price on our Big Horn was more than Landmark. The only thing Landmarks had over the one we ordered was length, which we wanted to stay at 35ft. The new Landmark 365 is different than Big Horn, but I wouldn't call them a step up, just different.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I took my BH to the MCD factory and had all the accordian day/night shades replaced with MCD's best quality day and night shades except for the bedroom little slide windows as my wife and I decided that the day shades would be functionless. We did have a day shade installed on the main bedroom window. Not installing the two small day shades actually saved $150 and as Dan said I did give it back to have the large rear window night shade motorized so I can control it with a remote control.
You cought my eye when you said (motorized) I want to make all of the living area main shades electric. Where are they located and how much was that 1 big rear shade ?

mrabideau

The General Manager for each product has a bit of freedom to make decisions about what features and capabilities he thinks are most important to his target customer market. But it seems like they have to keep to an overall cost target. So perhaps in this case the GM saved $3.00 in the bedroom and gave it back somewhere else with something he thought more useful.

Anyway, based on various feature differences I've seen, that would be my guess.

Thank for the information, called Camping World and they can get the day shades for us. Was hoping it was a mistake.
Thanks again Mike and Debbie from hio

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You cought my eye when you said (motorized) I want to make all of the living area main shades electric. Where are they located and how much was that 1 big rear shade ?

The MCD factory is located in McKinney TX which is just NE of Dallas. They have several sites you can stay at while you are getting the shades installed. Go to their website to find out more info and yes they can motorize all of the shades. After all it is only money.

pegmikef

To motorize the rear shade it was $165.00. To motorize any shade it is the same price. I don't know the labor cost (since I was at the factory) and it was included in the cost of all my custom shades. The motor is in the shade itself (it is a different roller than the one on nonmotorized shades. My mistake was not doing the othet large windows at the same time because when I discussed having the other motorized I was told I would have to buy new shades. It think the price included the remote (which I mounted on the wall). Their website has most of the info. http://mcdinnovations.com/

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

To motorize the rear shade it was $165.00. To motorize any shade it is the same price. I don't know the labor cost (since I was at the factory) and it was included in the cost of all my custom shades. The motor is in the shade itself (it is a different roller than the one on nonmotorized shades. My mistake was not doing the othet large windows at the same time because when I discussed having the other motorized I was told I would have to buy new shades. It think the price included the remote (which I mounted on the wall). Their website has most of the info. http://mcdinnovations.com/
Thanks for the info I'll call them and see if they have any dealers here in California.
Taking a long trip for the IS suspension is 1 thing but for remote sun shades might be a stretch. Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

An online video for the 2015 Key West shows that it has both the daytime and nighttime shades but as the RV is still at the dealer's location I can't check that yet. Will update here when I learn more.