Landmark - Power Management System

jb007

A question about the load display, always displays ON for all the loads even when everything is off, and not showing any amps, wanted to find out if this is normal or something not working right with the system.

danemayer

Page 3 of the Precision Circuits Owners Manual (see Jim's link), explains the meaning of each component of the display.

ON means that the PCS device is making power available to that device. OFF means that the PCS device has turned that load off temporarily.

You'll want to review the meaning of the amperage readings. It's probably not what you think.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Ok, I have the 2015 Newport. My system is NOT monitoring the system at 30 amps. I show 15 amps on line 1 and 1 amp on line 2 when using 1 air conditioner. When I have 2 air conditioners going I have 28 amps going line 1 and 1 amp on line 2. When I have 3 air conditioners going I pop the main circuit at the main power. It DOES NOT shut down one or the other to maintain system. Wha can I do to fix this. There has to be a way. I should not have to take it to a DEALER to have this fixed. I should be able to control my monitoring system myself. What do I do????

danemayer

Ok, I have the 2015 Newport. My system is NOT monitoring the system at 30 amps. I show 15 amps on line 1 and 1 amp on line 2 when using 1 air conditioner. When I have 2 air conditioners going I have 28 amps going line 1 and 1 amp on line 2. When I have 3 air conditioners going I pop the main circuit at the main power. It DOES NOT shut down one or the other to maintain system. Wha can I do to fix this. There has to be a way. I should not have to take it to a DEALER to have this fixed. I should be able to control my monitoring system myself. What do I do????

I don't think the system offers you any control - it's all pre-programmed.

You can take a look at the Precision Circuits manuals here. Perhaps there'll be something in there that will help you figure out what's going on. If you have electrical training, you might be able to compare the installation information to your installation to see if something was missed at installation.

You can also call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may be able to help, but long distance diagnosis of something like this is problematic. A call to Precision Circuits might be more productive.

And of course if long distance diagnosis doesn't help, you will have to take it to a Dealer to have it fixed. That's the primary method of getting problems fixed.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Just making a swag, but I think the system is designed to manage two incoming 50amp circuits. When you are on 30amps, all the power is coming in on one circuit. All the AC units are running on that one circuit. The fact that you are even able to run two AC units on the one 30amp line is somewhat amazing. I have never been able to do that. Running 3 would certainly pop a breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

When on 30 amps, the Precision Circuits device should detect that there's no voltage differential between incoming L1 and L2, so it assumes that to be 30 amps and should start shedding loads when demand is more than 30 amps.

If you actually have 20 amps, or a malfunction giving you between 20 and 30 amps, the device has to be told that you have less than 30 amps so it can adjust accordingly.

I'm not sure what would happen in a low-voltage situation. If voltage from the pedestal drops 10% below nominal to 107V for example, amps will go up 10%. The Precision Circuits device may not be programmed to adjust for that situation. It might be thinking you have 30 amps when you actually are pulling 33 amps because of low voltage.

But that doesn't explain why it's not shedding loads - if that's the case. My understanding is that when the Air Conditioning load is shed, the compressor power is turned off but the fan is left running.

The numbers in the display may not be what you think. The manual describes them in a way that is not what you might guess.

Why don't you change the main panel setting to 20 amps and see whether it manages to a 20 amp supply. And if you have a voltmeter, see what the incoming voltage is reading.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just making a swag, but I think the system is designed to manage two incoming 50amp circuits. When you are on 30amps, all the power is coming in on one circuit. All the AC units are running on that one circuit. The fact that you are even able to run two AC units on the one 30amp line is somewhat amazing. I have never been able to do that. Running 3 would certainly pop a breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's What I was thinking....

TxCowboy

My display is the same. Same for all I've seen at RV shows. I'm assuming this is normal.

Here's a link to all the manuals for this product.

Below is the contact info for the mfr of the product:
Precision Circuits, Inc.
(630) 515-9100
Precision Circuit's Website
eMail Precision Circuits

I have this in my Key West. The Central Monitoring Panel is right there with the light switches and breaker boxes. But where would I find the Panelboard (Optional Subpanel) if it is installed in my RV? (See page one of Jim's link above.)

jbeletti

I have this in my Key West. The Central Monitoring Panel is right there with the light switches and breaker boxes. But where would I find the Panelboard (Optional Subpanel) if it is installed in my RV? (See page one of Jim's link above.)

The Panel Board is the AC Breaker Panel. It's in the same area as the DC fuse panel.