Hot Water

jonesj2

:DGood morning, I have a 2009, 2900MK. OK, stupid question, the red button on the control panel controls the gas function for the hot water heater, right? No how do you know the electric side of the hot water heater is working? We took showers last evening and I had the red switch on and the water was nice and hot and I could hear the heater working as it should. After showers I cut the red switch off to save gas. Now this morning when we got up and used the hot water it was like look warm, I have removed the pin from outside, cut the switch to on and checked the fuse panel. What next, I would hate to have to run gas to keep the water hot and not just warm.:eek:

jbeletti

You did well on the gas function. In the morning, after turning it back on, it would heat the water for you.

As for electric, yes to the pin removal and switch to "on" outside, but there is also a wall switch inside near that same control panel. It is usually like a residential light switch but with a red lighted handle. Switch it on (only when water is in the water heater) and viola!

Jim

Last edited:

jonesj2

Jim, you are the man. I feel like a real DA if you know what I mean. I looked at that last evening and did not think one thing about it. Now can we erase this thread????:D

Netem

Jim don't feel bad I had to call my dealer I couldn't make heads or tales out of the book that came with the trailer. This set up was nothing like our old 5ver. This set up is nice once you know what you are doing.:)

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Jim...look at it this way.....just look how you helped other folks with the same problem. I guess sometimes ,the most simplest fixes are the hardest to comprehend , at least it is with me sometimes. Best of luck and many great adventures....Ken

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Jim,

Don't worry. I got the corner on stupid. It's easier to tell you what I've done right..than try to remember everything I've done wrong.