TQ380 warranty repairs

I am just wondering if I can have warranty repairs done at a different dealership that at the one where I bought my tq380? Also, if once a repair is approved, do I have to get it done within the 1 year warranty period. I don't live near the dealership where I bought my rv.

danemayer

Hi twcaldwell,

Yes you can take your rig to any Heartland dealer for warranty work. However, you should check with the dealership. Some dealers will be happy to help you. But some dealers are so busy that they prioritize their own customers ahead of others. A few may decline. If you find an independent repair shop or a non-Heartland dealer close by that's willing to work on your trailer, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 to get prior approval to use them. Heartland may want to verify their service credentials, but they're usually pretty flexible about authorizing alternative service providers.

If you have a failure within the 1 year warranty but aren't able to take the trailer in for service immediately, call Heartland to discuss. They will probably log the issue into their system and allow you to get it fixed at a later date. I don't know how long they'll allow you to defer the service, but I expect they'll try to work around your specific circumstances.

rxbristol

If the Heartland works with the dealership you're wanting to use it should not be a problem. For example, many of us use mobile technicians, they come out to the RV fix the problem and Heartland reimburses them. My mobile tech states that warranty work pays well, but he has to wait for the money. He also states that Heartland is one of the best to work with for warranty claims.