3800BH master bedroom lighting

RyRoRyan

I just emailed the below to heartland service, but since it is Sunday, I figured someone here may know already and I might get a quicker response here...

Hello Heartland,

I just got here to Silverton CO. to spend a week having fun on the trails. When I got here and tried to turn the overhead lights on in the bedroom, I got nothing. I checked the fuses and everything is good. I was able to get to the switch wiring by pulling the top right hand drawer out. I used a multimeter and i DO have power at the switch. I was hoping that someone over there might be able to tell me where the wiring runs after it leaves the switch…i.e. does it go back to the basement and then to the roof, or does it go just up the wall behind the dresser. What more than likely is the issue is a twist connector somewhere between the lights and the switch. I just need to know where those are. Any help would be great.

Ryan Herrington

jimtoo

I would drop the light fixture down and check there first. Start with the one closest to the switch.

RyRoRyan

Been there already. No power in the ceiling but there is power to the switch and the switch does work. I traced the wire from the fuse panel to the switch and from there it goes back down into the basement into the wiring and plumbing area behind the basement storage area. From there I lose it trying to find out where it goes up whatever wall it does to get to the ceiling. I am thinking that there is a twist connector somewhere down there that might have come undone or that a vermin chewed through somewhere. Since I am here for over a week, and won't be near any dealer for quite some time, I am trying to tackle this one myself.

jimtoo

Are these lights in the ceiling of the slide by chance? If so, look under the bed for a junction box.

Jim M

RyRoRyan

Not on a slide. Directly in the ceiling. Been working with Heartland Customer service, but they are having a hard time too. According to the guy I have been talking to, they don't keep wiring diagrams for their rigs! I was kinda shocked about this. He apparently has emailed someone who MIGHT know the answer. What really disturbs me is that they don't keep their diagrams for older rigs. I mean come on, these are only files on a hard drive they need to hold. I would expect them to keep data about their rigs for some time. My rig is only 4 years old...2011. If they don't have data for their non-current rigs, it has really dropped my trust in this brand.

danemayer

Not on a slide. Directly in the ceiling. Been working with Heartland Customer service, but they are having a hard time too. According to the guy I have been talking to, they don't keep wiring diagrams for their rigs! I was kinda shocked about this. He apparently has emailed someone who MIGHT know the answer. What really disturbs me is that they don't keep their diagrams for older rigs. I mean come on, these are only files on a hard drive they need to hold. I would expect them to keep data about their rigs for some time. My rig is only 4 years old...2011. If they don't have data for their non-current rigs, it has really dropped my trust in this brand.

Pretty sure the drawings existing in engineering, but are not released to Customer Service or to customers. I'll hazard a guess that they're concerned that you might tear your trailer apart looking for the wires shown on an engineering drawing, only to find out later that manufacturing took liberties at the time the wiring was done and routed it a different way. Just my guess though.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There is a dealer in Durango, Co. They used to be a Heartland dealer, but I don't think they carry them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk