Have questions on 2009 Cyclone 3210!!!!!

duramax04

First off I must say great site!

We are looking at a 2009 Cyclone 3210, and have some questions.

My Truck is: 2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW, Duramax diesel, the bed height is at 45"-46” and the top of the bed rails are 62-63" (on the truck from the ground). Oh and I also have air bags.

I have measured a stock 2500HD and a 3500HD and the Bed difference between the other two and mine is; mine is 7.5" to 8.5" higher (this is the top of the bed rail and with no loads).

My questions are:

1. What is the overhang and pin height from the ground with the trailer level and the axles dropped to the lowest position on the shackles (to raise the trailer)? Note that this has 6000 lb. axles and 16" wheels.

2. How high can you tow nose high. I understand that level is what it should be, but what would be the limit above level? 1"-6" ...?

3. Overall trailer height from ground to top of A/C unit (with trailer level or at highest possible position to tow).

4. What is the normal amount of drop or sag when hitched to the tow vehicle?

5. I see some of these 3210's with rear entry doors. The door is missing on the one we are looking at. Is it and option?

6. What is an LE model?

I'm sure that I will have more questions.

Thanks

Jamie

Last edited:

nvtahoe

I have the same truck, 08 2500HD with no lift or anything like that. The pin sits at 48" from the factory, but I really only think that you can get an extra 2" out of the shackles being lowered to the lowest setting (2 more holes). I just picked up a 09 3210LE last month, and here is the difference. Rear Door. Heartland told me that anything made after 03/01/08 would have the rear door again, but that the LE models do not. Other than that, there is not a difference. However, beware that they also have that new fancy "rear spoiler" on the 2009's as listed in their brochures.... Well, mine has the old one. I am a bit upset about this, because I honestly did not even notice until I got the thing home. You would think that if you are going to produce a 2009 brochure and sell a 2009 product.... that you would do what you said you would do. Heartland suggested I talk to the dealer. Well, I am sure that they are not going to be refunding money, so what is the point? I suggested they wait until they print brochures next time and stop creating 2009 units in December of 2007. Right? Also, I got every option possible including the new aerodynamic hitch cover. After about 300 miles, the thing broke in two places and it is now duct-taped in place. (I need to call Heartland about this and see if they will send me one without dragging this monster to the dealer, that will be my first customer service issue with Heartland and I hope it goes well.) Aside from that, the unit is great. It is well built, well finished, high quality, and turns heads. It is a great looking and functional unit. The 3210 is a great unit because it is not a 40' monster that can not enter a state park, but still has the nice size garage.

duramax04

nvtahoe,

Thanks for the reply and congrats on your 3210!.

I agree on what you said about the information, and lack of it. Brochures are poor and I would think that the more information they have the better chance to sell! Even if brochures don't have the info, the website should have tons of it! There are not many dealers in Florida near me so I have to drive way too far just to take a look anything and measure myself. Most of the time it's not the model I would like see. I have yet to see one manufacture have any real specs and if you ask a dealer they look at the brochure and can't find an answer.

I was hoping to see an answer to all my questions from the factory or maybe they just don't have answers. I would think for a possible sale for them and a dealer they would reply to my questions.

I wonder who makes the frame and axles?